Decembers security patch or January

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Here in UK, were still on Nov 17 / 2.33..

Regardless of DEV.. whether its Samsung, SONY, Huawei, HTC.... We always get updates last..

For me though.. Battery life was much better under 711..

At this point, my next phone is an iPhone... Im a bit sick of Android.. and these region / area / staggered updates

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
The update is holding up well for me. It's past 9 pm here, and the U11 after a hard day is still at 71%. I've gotten 2 days several times on a single charge, and did a test on powersave mode which got me a full 5 days (120 hours) of runtime on one charge. Below is a screenshot midway thought the test, with the phone still at 51% after 3 days.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GyPodVqPTZjUSdrO2

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The update is holding up well for me. It's past 9 pm here, and the U11 after a hard day is still at 71%. I've gotten 2 days several times on a single charge, and did a test on powersave mode which got me a full 5 days (120 hours) of runtime on one charge. Below is a screenshot midway thought the test, with the phone still at 51% after 3 days.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GyPodVqPTZjUSdrO2

I'm not Shure how but I think my battery went dead and will not last more than 8 hour's all I went back to not 10 which for a 2 year old battery after the 8.0 update is ls lasting me 20 hour's at least. I even did a fresh rom I stall on the u11 so I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
At this point I'm assuming there will be no more security updates for my U11? Nothing since December 2017.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You will still get security updates. Important updates will get pushed quickly otherwise they come with maintenance updates.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You will still get security updates. Important updates will get pushed quickly otherwise they come with maintenance updates.
Agreed. You'll still get Android P later this year as well. I know there will be newer, updated security patches when that rolls out.