HTC U12 Possible Leaked Specs

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Cautiously optimistic. Very hopeful HTC comes through this time, but very pessimistic they will do something to "screw up" . LARGE battery please!

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I HATE the fingerprint sensor on the back. I dont want to pick up my phone or pull it from my car mount to unlock it.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the finger print sensor on the back of the phone. Makes it easier for me. If you have to put it in a car mount can't you just disable the finger print sensor?

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Cautiously optimistic. Very hopeful HTC comes through this time, but very pessimistic they will do something to "screw up" . LARGE battery please!

I just went and grabbed an XZ2 from Best buy. I've been an htc loyalist for a long time, but I wanted to venture out. I may be returning it before the 15 day period is up. Especially considering the 12 will have a superior camera and *actually* have full carrier support on the unlocked model. MY unlocked U11 AND 10 had VoLTE, I'm spoiled I guess. This screen is spectacular though. Camera is good. The 12 is just going to be so comfortable for me though.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it'll be $920.00. I'm thinking 699 or 799. Probably 799.

I hope you're right. I just returned an xz2 because the lack of VoLTE. That phone was awesome otherwise. Even with the 1080p screen. Side by side with my U11 and 10, I thought the XZ2 definitely had the superior screen. I just can't handle no VoLTE. I'm hoping this is around the same price and I'll be on it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I hope you're right. I just returned an xz2 because the lack of VoLTE. That phone was awesome otherwise. Even with the 1080p screen. Side by side with my U11 and 10, I thought the XZ2 definitely had the superior screen. I just can't handle no VoLTE. I'm hoping this is around the same price and I'll be on it.

Money conversion isn't like size conversions. There are always 8 ounces in a cup, but converting money works differently because different countries currency is worth different amounts compared to others at different times. There's import taxes/export taxes that are higher in some countries than others. All kinds of things to consider. The European leak showed it at 699. That even includes VAT. I'm hoping Amazon does the U12 as a Prime Exclusive phone in the US.

I'm still looking at the XZ2 as well. I've been waiting to see what the U12 offers first though.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
So I pulled the plug and preordered the translucent blue 64gb from Amazon this morning.

I hope the screen is brighter than the "LCD 6" of the U11+. I had that phone for about 2 weeks before returning it. The screen was way dimmer than the U11 side by side and no VoLTE.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I hope the screen is brighter than the "LCD 6" of the U11+. I had that phone for about 2 weeks before returning it. The screen was way dimmer than the U11 side by side and no VoLTE.

One of the previews mentioned that the screen was bright and he had no trouble seeing it outdoors. I know it supports VoLTE, but which carriers support it is another question.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
One of the previews mentioned that the screen was bright and he had no trouble seeing it outdoors. I know it supports VoLTE, but which carriers support it is another question.

Well if that's the case I might as well preorder as well. I wonder if they'll have any $50 off coupons sent out soon