For Us Android Rookes: Essential Android Apps

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, I recognize each person's needs are different. The business user. The Power user. The gamer. The multi-media player and many more.

Many of us may have been able to make our old phones dance and sing, but we're new to Android, let alone the Vivid. What I'm looking for, and I'm certain there are many out there like me, are recommendations about essential Android apps.

By essential, I first look for apps essential to functionality and security. Next, I'm looking for apps essential to each of the user categories I named above and any other categories the posters here care to define.

This thread is oriented to the rookies like myself, but the experienced user might find some pearls among the recommendations of his/her peers, too. Let's hear your ideas. Thank you very much!

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
First one I can think of is the amazon app store. They have a different paid app for free every day.

If you are on forums frequently, Tapatalk is another must.

Sent from my Inspire 4G

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
had my first smart phone in March which was a Atrix. I have an iPad so when the new iphone 4s came out a few weeks ago I got one the day it came out thinking I would love it. Traded my son after less then a week because I missed larger screen size, widgets, and personalization of Android. I liked the Inspire so chose this phone when it came out. Favorite Android apps are Jorte calendar with its wonder widget and connection with google calendars, and next favorite would have to be my low cost SwiftKey keyboard.