stuck on HTC screen!

djsquiggly

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
ok, so heres what the deal is. i got my wildfire s s-off, rooted, with clockwork recovery, and decided to install cyanogen, the unofficial over at XDA. i went to Hboot, got into recovery, install zip from SD, choose zip from SD, it did its thing, got the install from sd complete, rebooted the system, and now im stuck at the white HTC screen that first pops up.

oh and my smart self never backed up within clockwork. i know right?

so what are my options here, i can still get to Hboot and recovery, and from recovery my SD card.

could i try putting the stock rom back up?
did i even install it right? ha
could i get a backup off the inter-tubes and use that?

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You have a stock ROM? Great. Just download the stock ROM, wipe cache and dalvik, and then flash. Wipe data if you're extra desperate (or flashing didn't work the first time), although it shouldn't be necessary.

ROMs are, by definition, designed to make your phone bootable once they are installed.

If that doesn't work, be more specific here. Tell us which Wildfire S you have. I can only provide a Virgin Mobile USA nandroid because that's the Wildfire S I got :p

Reactions: djsquiggly

djsquiggly

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
i dont have the stock rom,
i looked around but couldnt find one that i thought would work for my phone, plus didnt want to try one and get bricked or complicate things even more.
but yeah that was kinda general, i operate under the impression everyone is in the US and on virgin mobile:p plus im a little inexperienced, just messed with my optimus v a lil bit.
that would be the way to flash a rom thought right? recovery, from sd, select it and all that? its been a while since i did my V.
but yup a virgin mobile US wildfire s is what i got!
a nandroid backup would be great if you could put one up!

wieland959

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. I managed to install another rom, but I can't connect to either wifi or my virgin mobile. So can someone please upload a cwm backup of the stock virgin mobile rom. Please and Thnx.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty