Lack of headphone jack a deal breaker?

Does lack of headphone jack bother you?

• Total voters

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not getting the phone, but nope, it's not a deal breaker for me. I do like having it for 'emergencies' but most of my devices are BT now, so hardly ever use the headphone port anymore. It's just one port port where water gets in when going to the pool haha (I like to listen to music while swimming... yeah, I have waterproof BT Headphones :p)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to buy the Mate 10, but a lack of headphone jack wouldn't be a dealbreaker. I'm getting used to the concept, but admittedly, if the phone doesn't have a headphone jack, it's a bit of a bummer but I'd get used to it.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm not going to buy the Mate 10, but a lack of headphone jack wouldn't be a dealbreaker. I'm getting used to the concept, but admittedly, if the phone doesn't have a headphone jack, it's a bit of a bummer but I'd get used to it.

Yeah, it doesn't really concern me either. I admittedly don't listen to as much music as I used to so using a dongle to listen to audio on my phone every once in awhile isn't a big deal.

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
It is for me. I'm going to support manufacturers that keep something beneficial and refuse to follow Apple's "lead". I shouldn't have to buy accessories when something as simple as a jack solves the problem. A bigger deal breaker for me is the 18:9 form factor. I realize that will soon be the go to, but I don't like the extra height because of how it fits in the pocket.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it doesn't really concern me either. I admittedly don't listen to as much music as I used to so using a dongle to listen to audio on my phone every once in awhile isn't a big deal.

Yup! I listen to music with headphones occasionally; but not enough that using a dongle, etc would bother me.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
It is for me. I'm going to support manufacturers that keep something beneficial and refuse to follow Apple's "lead". I shouldn't have to buy accessories when something as simple as a jack solves the problem. A bigger deal breaker for me is the 18:9 form factor. I realize that will soon be the go to, but I don't like the extra height because of how it fits in the pocket.

Too bad the regular mate 10 isn't coming over here, sounds like it would be right up your alley. I agree though, just because apple does it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Just FYI, 'Apple's lead' is not exactly true. LeEco announced phones sans-port before the iPhone, and IIRC, the first one to actually be released without it was the Moto Z... also before the iPhone. :)

editguy

Trusted Member
May 23, 2017
Visit site
Just FYI, 'Apple's lead' is not exactly true. LeEco announced phones sans-port before the iPhone, and IIRC, the first one to actually be released without it was the Moto Z... also before the iPhone. :)

True but, let's be honest, the reason it's catching on is Apple's influence. :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was an apple guy for a long time but decided I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for phones anymore. I like that Android gives you a ton of price options.

That's one of my favourite things about Android too! You don't need to spend a ton of money for a great device. :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
$900 + for my soon to be pixel 2 XL isn't a ton???

It's not like the Pixel 2 XL is the only Android phone out there... There ARE still great phones with a small price tag, after all. You just chose to have the Pixel (just like some of us went with the overpriced Note 8)

cnotes2016

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
It's not like the Pixel 2 XL is the only Android phone out there... There ARE still great phones with a small price tag, after all. You just chose to have the Pixel (just like some of us went with the overpriced Note 8)

I have almost every phone that came out this year including my unlocked note 8 as my daily so speak on what you know only.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I have almost every phone that came out this year including my unlocked note 8 as my daily so speak on what you know only.

Hey, whatever you choose to spend your money on is cool. Wish I could buy more phones than I do. Your previous post just made it sound like you were stressing about your son wanting an expensive pixel xl 2 which I think is what Spook was commenting on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty