Has US Model BLA-09 started receiving Pie update?

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It's been a long time coming and other regions have received their Pie updates. I last received the Dec security update in mid Jan

Has anyone with US models received their updates?

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I feel it too. It's snappier, and I'm getting better network and data speeds. I moved from US to India and was having issues with both, but it's much better now. Also the transition from WiFi to Mobile data is also smoother.

No change in battery life.

I really like this upgrade.

Carl Anderson

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
For me, Android Auto is working even better now too. I am not using an "official" version on my Mazda6, but the Mazdatweaks one. It was starting to act up, but I think Pie is helping with the BT connectivity as well.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Pie update has made my phone better. The US update seems to have been well made, and gave new life to this phone. I've used this phone for almost a year now, which I can't say about other phones I owned after the Nexus 6.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The updates are coming later than usual. Got the March security update on 26th March. Happy that Huawei is continuing to provide updates to a 2017 model phone.

With custom roms out of question with Huawei not allowing bootloader unlocks, it's all upto Huawei to maintain their customer base.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The updates are coming later than usual. Got the March security update on 26th March. Happy that Huawei is continuing to provide updates to a 2017 model phone.

With custom roms out of question with Huawei not allowing bootloader unlocks, it's all upto Huawei to maintain their customer base.

They're coming later than usual alright. My Mate 10 Pro BLA-L09 is still stuck on the December security patch that came with 9.0

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
With the latest developments, did we see the last of the updates for the Mate 10Pro? Though Google and Huawei have promised updates on existing models, I guess Huawei would rather concentrate on developing their own OS and app list to move away from Android.

What's the general opinion here? And how many continue to hold on to their Huawei's

FracturedSanity

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I still have yet to get the Pie update, but that may be due to my model, which isn't the US model. Even still, I should not be lagging so far behind but it seems I am.

Im currently using the BLA-L29 8.0.0.0.137 (C605), which was bound for South America..
With all of this crap going on, I'll probably never see it.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_working_on_android_q_for_11_existing_phones-news-37682.php

Guess it's end of road for the Mate 10 series. It's not in the list of phones to receive Android Q

Though the Mate 10 has been performing as good as Day 1, it'll be time to let go of this and go for other brands once Q comes out officially.

It'll get Q. It's been beta tested with it so it'll just be in the next release batch after the initial device list.

The full list of devices Huawei submitted to Google for the proposed update:

P30 Pro
P30
Mate 20
Mate 20 Pro
PORSCHE DESIGN Mate 20 RS
P30 lite
P smart 2019
P smart+ 2019
P smart Z
Mate 20 X
Mate 20 X (5G)
P20 Pro
P20
Mate 10 Pro
PORSCHE DESIGN Mate 10
Mate 10

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Every month the updates are getting delayed. Yet to get EMUI 9.1 for my US model. Monthly updates used to come in max by 5th of the month. Now, it's getting delayed.

Google Pixel 4 looks tempting, so will wait to see what it offers. I'll miss the customization and themes though. Don't want to go the rooting method.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11