Mate 20 X

DJW351981

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
After watching reviews and going over the specs, I'm more excited for the X than the Pro. I don't care about wireless charging, the X still does face unlock but don't have that big notch, finger print scanner on the back is fine with me, I don't care about a fancy in screen finger print reader.

It still comes with a AMOLED screen, and it's not that curved crap that Samsung is doing, better for screen protectors. I'm fine with 1080p on a phone, it's better for battery. And speaking of battery, 5000 milliamp battery, wow, I'm excited for that.

And you get things on the X you don't get in the others like pen support, a new cooling system for gaming, that cool controller add on, head phone jack. The Mate 20 X is my next upgrade from my Mate 10.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I totally agree with you.
I'm using a Mate 10 Pro, and the 20X will be my new device when it becomes available. I'm already seeing a few on eBay, but they are the China variants. I'm waiting on the European model to be released if there is going to be one.

Dean Nielsen

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
I have Honor note 10 for around 6 weeks now, love it... BUTTT, another BIG phone cant stop my self now.
This is a must have for big phone lovers.
Im living in Denmark Europe and my Note 10 is a Chinese model and its 99,9% like a international version, no problem at all. So when the preorder period is over i buy one at Aliexpress, where i buy all my phones, bever have any problrems there and they have good prices to

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
L29 on the way for me too. I don't know how long it'll take to be delivered. I can't wait to get my hands on this phone.

Frankly, I'm not sure why more people aren't excited about this phone. The XDA forum is pretty active with excitement but there's virtually nothing here.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Congratulations :D

Looking forward to your thoughts on it.
Thanks. I might have it by tomorrow, but I'm thinking it'll be Wednesday afternoon in reality. Either way, I'm pretty stoked to get it. I'll be sure to post some pictures and a few thoughts on it once it arrives.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't like that there's still a chin, though it is minimal. I don't like it because it just screams "we wanted to make it totally bezel-less but were unable to."

Ugh. **** Apple, but at least they've done it properly.

I'd rather two equal bezels at the top and bottom because it looks weird and bottom heavy right now, same applies to OP6T.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Got the 20X today. So far, I'm really blown away by it. Great design. The notch is very much like the Essential Phone's notch, so it's barely noticeable after a few minutes of use. The phone is a speed demon. I've been setting it up and installing apps all afternoon, and it has not slowed down at all. I'm sure all recent flagship phones are like that though. Call quality is great. WiFi strength is great too, which is something I've had issues with on other Huawei phones in the past. The size is not as big as I was expecting. I have an Honor Note 8 for a while now, and it's smaller than that and much easier to use one-handed. I'd say, it's about the size of the Lumia 1520, but nearly all screen. Maybe a little bigger than that, but not much. It's still a big phone though. The screen is fantastic. Very bright and punchy. Also, the L29 variant that I have works as it should out of the box. My HN8 is the Chinese variant, and notifications were a huge issue. This international version of the 20X has no such issues. My only complaint with it is the lack of LED notifications. I don't know why that was removed. Everything comes through to my Wear OS watch, so I can live without the LEDs I guess. I'll have to spend more time with it in order to get a better list of pros and cons.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

liscon17

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
This is probably my most anticipated thread on the whole forum, I hope youre able to give us a thorough run-down of the phone.

I can't wait

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Congratulations she's a beauty!

What I like is how puny the "chin" is on these Mate 20s, it's barely noticeable when you have the phone in real life

Enjoy it! Let us know how the battery life is.

On my Mate 20 Pro, the battery life proved so good that I use it in Performance Mode constantly
Thanks. The pictures really don't do her justice. I always thought that my Mate 10 Pro was the most well-designed phone I've ever used, until this one came along. Huawei definitely knows how to make hardware.
And I agree, the chin is not even there in my opinion. Neither is that little notch. I'm really liking this phone so far.
I've only had it for less than a day, but I can already tell that the battery is a beast. Definitely not worried about battery life.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
This is probably my most anticipated thread on the whole forum, I hope youre able to give us a thorough run-down of the phone.

I can't wait
Mine too. I've been waiting on a phone like this for quite some time. After a day or so, I'll be posting my thoughts on it. I can already tell, though, that I'm going to have very few bad things to say. Everything is just amazing so far. The camera, the screen, the speed, the design...all awesome.

liscon17

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Love to hear your thoughts on the screen, not may have commented on the fact it's only 1080p while being 7"

Also how is the fingerprint sensor, is it difficult to get at?

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
So far, the screen is impressing me. I'm one of those who thinks that 1080p is still a really good resolution. Sure, higher spec resolutions are vibrant and punchy, but 1080p is still very nice. My 50 inch TV is 1080p and it performs perfectly fine. So, a 7 inch 1080p screen is really exceptional. Plus, Huawei really knows how to get the most out of their specs.
Colors are vivid.
The screen is super bright.
Darks are very dark.
It's every bit as good as the screen on my Mate 10 Pro and P2XL.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor is higher than where they've placed it on their past phones. I have large hands, so I still have no issues reaching it. If you've used bigger phones in the past, you'll be ok with it.

My only complaint so far is the lack of LED notification light. I have a smartwatch, so I get notifications there, but I'm still perplexed as to why they've taken that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana