Hey all,

Just switched to the Mate 20 Pro from a Galaxy S8+. One thing frustrating me is notifications from apps not displaying on the Always on Display. Facebook Messenger will receive messeges but the Always on Display won't show the icon, just the time/date/battery. How do I enable this? I've checked all the settings and they all look correct. Also, i use Textra for SMS, it'll show a message icon but the lock screen won't show a preview of the message or who it's from, even though i've changed the settings to display that?
    04-20-2019 01:08 AM
    Hey all,

Just switched to the Mate 20 Pro from a Galaxy S8+. One thing frustrating me is notifications from apps not displaying on the Always on Display. Facebook Messenger will receive messeges but the Always on Display won't show the icon, just the time/date/battery. How do I enable this? I've checked all the settings and they all look correct. Also, i use Textra for SMS, it'll show a message icon but the lock screen won't show a preview of the message or who it's from, even though i've changed the settings to display that?
    Hey new update has been out which supports 3rd party notifications on AOD based on android 9.1...
    I am in India waiting for it as well should reach all phones in a weeks time I guess
    04-20-2019 05:17 AM
    Hey new update has been out which supports 3rd party notifications on AOD based on android 9.1...
    I am in India waiting for it as well should reach all phones in a weeks time I guess
    That's great news thanks for letting me know! Absolutely loving this phone so far other than the notifications on AOD!
    04-20-2019 06:01 AM
    Yup, as of right now there's no 3rd party app support for AOD. No idea why Huawei took this long to finally add that in.
    04-20-2019 04:42 PM