Some qns for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi all:

* I use the Google Calendar app and you cannot turn on/off calendar accounts in one app without them also being toggled in the native phone calendar app. For eg I have various calendar accounts: Google account, Facebook events, holidays, contact birthdays etc. In Google calendar I toggle these on and they are also automatically toggled in the phone calendar. I go into the phone calendar and toggle off, and they authomatically toggle off in Google Calendar. This causes contact birthdays to be doubled-up and appear twice for every contact in Google Calendar - the one for Google Calendar itself, and the one in phone calendar. I have phone calendar toggled off in Google Calendar and this still happens. Any hints to break this link? I don't need/want/use the phone calendar app at all

* There is a default notification for contact birthdays for the week before the event. Given the above problem this may be the one in either Google Calendar or the phone calendar. I can see the notification rule but can't find the setting to change/delete?

* I've copied my Google contacts to the phone, and now the phone thinks there are 2 versions of every contact. This may be related to the above. How do I delete contacts off the phone but leave Google contacts - these are the only ones I need/want?

* Is there any way to make the native clock app display digital rather than analogue?

* Any hints for increasing the size of previews on the lock screen? I've already tried all the settings I can find

Thanks all in advance!

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Don't know what else to say, sorry. Like mentioned earlier I completely removed all permissions from the Huawei calender app and the attached is the my Google calendar.Screenshot_20190921_202733.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone calendar is showing what's in Google Calendar, so if you put things into both calendars, you're entering them twice. Only put them into one of the calendars - they'll show up in the other one. (If you enter something once, it shouldn't show up twice, unless, you're syncing to another calendar that you're putting them in too. Syncing means put the date in one and it will sync to the others. Don't put it into 2 of them that are synced.)

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
The phone calendar is showing what's in Google Calendar, so if you put things into both calendars, you're entering them twice. Only put them into one of the calendars - they'll show up in the other one. (If you enter something once, it shouldn't show up twice, unless, you're syncing to another calendar that you're putting them in too. Syncing means put the date in one and it will sync to the others. Don't put it into 2 of them that are synced.)
The problem I encountered was that if I removed Google calendar from the Huawei calender it would also remove it from the Google calendar app. So in the end I just removed all Huawei calender permissions and stuck with using Google calendar only, which isn't an issue for me since I only use that anyways.
I just found it odd that Huawei calender would automatically add my Google calendar to sync, yet when I removed it from said calender it would also be removed from Google app calender.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
The problem I encountered was that if I removed Google calendar from the Huawei calender it would also remove it from the Google calendar app. So in the end I just removed all Huawei calender permissions and stuck with using Google calendar only, which isn't an issue for me since I only use that anyways.
I just found it odd that Huawei calender would automatically add my Google calendar to sync, yet when I removed it from said calender it would also be removed from Google app calender.

Yep this is my problem. It doesn't seem there's a way around this other than removing the phone calendar permissions entirely.

My issues now are still the default birthday notifications and the doubled-up birthday events. I suspect this is more to do with the contacts being doubled up somehow. How can I delete all contacts saved to the phone directly, so the only contacts are my google contacts? It's easy enough to save a new contact to the phone, but I can't find a setting to delete only those contacts saved to the phone?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana