Mate 9 cases?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I didn't like slightly large corners on the included case so I went with this one in black. It's pretty boring but it's minimal. It says "Nillkin" on the back but the Amazon page doesn't say that. I wanted very minimal. It provides a very slight ridge around the camera and leaves the side buttons fully exposed.

https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Mate-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5644346
Does this case interfere at all with fingerprint Touch ID?

Love how fast and accurate it is, but a case I tried, looks similar, but kept having trouble.

tsquare2112

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a nilkin black case, almost identical in design to the one that came with it. Had I known before hand one came with it, I'd have it ordered the nilkin. The one that comes with it is minimal, good grip, and not unattractive.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I went with this one. Fits well, gives a little more grip to the back, and looks great on the phone. The "black" color is really more of a smoke, with I actually like a lot better.

It looks like they have two different types of cases? One has raised corners (the black). Does yours have those raised corners, like the one that came with the phone?

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the corners are raised. They're not too extreme, but they add corner protection and also help with pulling the phone out of my pocket.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Always go for clear cases. Here's what I am rocking and it's pretty sweet. Great feel and grip while preserving the phones look. It's thicker than I thought it was going to be but that's good because it will be more protective.

Huawei Mate 9 Case, EasyAcc Huawei Mate 9 Soft TPU Case Crystal Clear Transparent Slim Anti Slip Case Back Protector Cover Shockproof for Huawei Mate 9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N959RV...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5652177

This one is still in the way

Huawei Mate 9 Case,Mangix [Thin Fit] Exact-Fit Premium Matte Finish Hard Back Cover Case with Film Screen Protector for Huawei Mate 9 (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXRHCG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5652177

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
just received this case from Amazon today; it's a thin hard-shell case that snaps onto the phone. only offers minimal protection, which is ok for me. the pics on Amazon show the case with a ring on the back but it's not attached out-of-the-box; it's an optional install. you'd definitely want a screen protector because there's very little, if any, lip on the case.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
just received this case from Amazon today; it's a thin hard-shell case that snaps onto the phone. only offers minimal protection, which is ok for me. the pics on Amazon show the case with a ring on the back but it's not attached out-of-the-box; it's an optional install. you'd definitely want a screen protector because there's very little, if any, lip on the case.

Is the back completely smooth without the ring attached? Can you post a picture?

Would you conisder it exactly the same as this one?
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDOCFD1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Is the back completely smooth without the ring attached? Can you post a picture?

Would you conisder it exactly the same as this one?
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDOCFD1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
back side is smooth and slippery compared to the appearance of the case from your link. it's definitely not as slippery as the phone. the case i linked-to/purchased provides full coverage around all four corners, top, bottom and both sides. the picture on Amazon is a good representation of how the case will look, however, the case color is really dark gray (not black). added a few pics as requested... hope they're helpful. ;)

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 51
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 49
  • front 1.jpg
    front 1.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 51
  • front 2.jpg
    front 2.jpg
    751.4 KB · Views: 50
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 48
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 47
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 50

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I too went with the Ringke case. It doesn't and too much bulk and it protected my phone from a waist high drop. I am extremely happy. with it.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
back side is smooth and slippery compared to the appearance of the case from your link. it's definitely not as slippery as the phone. the case i linked-to/purchased provides full coverage around all four corners, top, bottom and both sides. the picture on Amazon is a good representation of how the case will look, however, the case color is really dark gray (not black). added a few pics as requested... hope they're helpful. ;)

THANKS! One more question.... how are the buttons covered? Is that rubber?

One thing that my case doesn't have is coverage on the top and bottom like your case. However, I do like that the buttons aren't covered with anyhthing.

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
sure, happy to share pics. the buttons are partially covered by plastic nubs made from the same material as the case. i believe you could easily remove the "nubs" if you prefer fully exposed buttons.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
the buttons are partially covered by plastic nubs made from the same material as the case. i believe you could easily remove the "nubs" if you prefer fully exposed buttons.

I'm not a fan of "case customization" - do you find them working well?

AquaRaven

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I haven't gotten a Mate 9 yet, but was looking at cases in expectation of possibly getting one. If you want a leather case, Noreve makes great ones, and they've got three cases available for the Mate 9. One is a vertical flip case, one a wallet-flip case, and one a rear shell. Of course, they're on the pricier side, but they are good quality and can be customized with style and color of the leather.

Huawei Mate 9 leather covers and cases - Noreve

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Just got my Nillkin frosted shield Matte hard slim case. Looks very nice on the phone and fits very securely. Back feels nice, but I feel like the sides, since they are rubber, are a bit slippery. Not as slippery as the metal, but I was hoping it would be more grippy. I also have a Ringke fushion case that I like a lot. That will be my case when I feel I need a drop protection case.

I have another case coming in tomorrow. Will post pictures of that when I get it.

IMG_3921.jpg
IMG_3922.jpg
IMG_3923.jpg
IMG_3924.jpg

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Received another Mate 9 case from Amazon: Vive TPU Soft Silicon Skin cover

I like the back design. Adds a nice, slim protection. Only con is that because it's a soft silicone case, the sides feel a bit flappy when your fingers rub acorss it. Not sure how it will last over a period of time, but this won't be my main daily driver case.

IMG_3925.jpg
IMG_3926.jpg
IMG_3927.jpg
IMG_3928.jpg

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Love the Nillkin Nature series. Have one on my 6P as well and is the closest thing to Naked other than a skin.

Attachments

• 34621.jpg
    34621.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 35