I Broke My Screen!!!!!!!!

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone broken their screen and gotten it fixed? Where did you take it to, outside vendor or Huawei and how much did it cost?

Attachments

• 20170814_233906_resized.jpg
    20170814_233906_resized.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 22

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes I broken mine in the first 3 month's of owning it sent it to the Huawei service centre got it fixed for free within a week. If it was after the first 3 month's would of had to pay extra for it

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Ok so Huawei Mate 9 can fix it for $114, at about a 2-3 week turnaround or my local guy can do it for $90 at a 5 day turnaround but the screen will not be OEM but I have the option of getting it white or black, kind of curious of trying white now.

Is OEM screen way better than generic?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hard to say...some generics are very close in quality to oem. Others are really poor quality. Does the guy offer any warranty on his work? Does he guarantee responsiveness?

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
You don't have a back up phone laying around ? I would say go with the OEM way but 2-3 weeks is a long time. if you're in a rush, then your local guy is your guy

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
You don't have a back up phone laying around ? I would say go with the OEM way but 2-3 weeks is a long time. if you're in a rush, then your local guy is your guy

Yeah, I have a Galaxy S8 +, I went OEM, the replacement guy actually recommended I'd go through Huawei as well. It's been a hassle though man.

When I broke the screen on my Note 5, within one day I had the return label and everything processed, just waiting for me to send the phone.

With Huawei, it was a 5 day process just to get the shipping label, and only because I contacted them about 5 times via chat and phone. I paid for the repair on Monday and barely today I received the shipping label.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Huawei needs to improve their turnaround time. It should be that you pay for the repair and receive the label same or next day. Repair should be same day or maybe two days. Return can be next day.

Obviously you would have to pay a premium for the quicker Shipping, but it should be an option, for those who don't have a spare phone