Pixel 8 Pro RMA

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I cracked the screen and it's basically unusable. Unresponsive and vertical lines. It was my fault and it's out of warranty but I did pay for extended coverage.

Google was quick to approve the repair (or refurbished replacement) and send FedEx packaging via UPS.

I printed the labels and sent in the broken device yesterday. Now we wait.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a lot of negativity regarding Google's customer service, but I've always had really good experiences with them. Glad they are doing right by you with this issue!

My fear in dealing with any manufacturer nowadays is usually less about them and more the fact they use FedEx! I've had way too many nightmare experiences with FedEx!!

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I cracked the screen and it's basically unusable. Unresponsive and vertical lines. It was my fault and it's out of warranty but I did pay for extended coverage.

Google was quick to approve the repair (or refurbished replacement) and send FedEx packaging via UPS.

Ouch that's no fun. I hope the replacement one is as good as new

Reactions: wyelkins

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear . How much did you have to pay?

Also, it's more like the accidental damage is not covered under general warranty. The phone is less than a year old so it's still under manufacture warranty for the 1st year.

Last edited:

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear . How much did you have to pay?

Also, it's more like the accidental damage is not covered under general warranty. The phone is less than a year old so it's still under manufacture warranty for the 1st year.

It ended up being approximately $200 because the damage wasn't covered by the warranty. Still worth it for a Pixel 8 Pro. I Just got it back a few minutes ago and it's good as new.

Reactions: bhatech

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a lot of negativity regarding Google's customer service, but I've always had really good experiences with them. Glad they are doing right by you with this issue!

My fear in dealing with any manufacturer nowadays is usually less about them and more the fact they use FedEx! I've had way too many nightmare experiences with FedEx!!
Same experience. Far too often we only hear the bad. However, Google customer service has always been great for me.

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000