Huawei Mate 9 to receive Android 8.0 Oreo update soon.

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Great to see the 8.0 update on the horizon.

This is the first time I have had a device that is so good on the version it launched with that I am not all that excited about the update. Hope Oreo is as great on the Mate 9 as Nougat has been.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
It nice to see Oreo coming to Mate 10 and 9, sad that it has taken this long for a critical security update.

Old, rub tummy and scratch scalp?

Pulling their Australian R&D to skeleton crew I was worried support for us was in doubt.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Have to say. Coming from a nexus 6 which I could side load monthly updates I am slightly concerned the updates could break what is a great experience already on the mate 9. If it ain't broke don't fix it but can I resist the temptation

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Have to say. Coming from a nexus 6 which I could side load monthly updates I am slightly concerned the updates could break what is a great experience already on the mate 9. If it ain't broke don't fix it but can I resist the temptation

Experience can always get better with updates

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Having owned my Mate 9 for a week I am happy at the prospect of getting Oreo for sure! This helps my argument that finally we are at a point where last year's flagships can be a better deal than a current premium mid-ranger.

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Really? I'd go check and see if you can see one in Best Buy. It's a super premium design. A bit wide, but I prefer the 16:9 aspect ratio. I just wished we would get Huawei stores here in the US.

Powdah

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Really? I'd go check and see if you can see one in Best Buy. It's a super premium design. A bit wide, but I prefer the 16:9 aspect ratio. I just wished we would get Huawei stores here in the US.

I bought it because of width. Would like slightly wider for easier typing and editing photos and text

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa