MediaPad M3 - What are your biggest gripes?

barotropic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth uses the same radio frequency (2.4 Ghz) as the Wifi, so naturally if you enable it you should expect that you are self-creating radio interference. that's not a bug - that's the physics of the Universe in action... :)
So the solution is to connect to WiFi on the 5Ghz band, hence no interference with 2.4Ghz Bluetooth!

Oh wait...the m3 mediapad can't use 5Ghz WiFi on the USA model

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So the solution is to connect to WiFi on the 5Ghz band, hence no interference with 2.4Ghz Bluetooth!

Oh wait...the m3 mediapad can't use 5Ghz WiFi on the USA model
I decided to circumvent the issue by upgrading to the MediaPad M5 Pro 10.8" version which has both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. I am probably going to sell my M3 now.

barotropic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been generally very pleased with my Mediapad m3. Good build quality, design, features, responsiveness and battery life. I am a little disappointed that it appears it will never get an Oreo upgrade, but not a huge problem.

HOWEVER, I've always been confused at the way widgets work (or rather don't) on the tablet. They very rarely update! I don't shut it down, so when I wake it and begin to use it, I expect that weather, news, email and other widgets will be somewhat updated. NONE of them display recent info, and some are showing info from days ago. Even after having used the tablet for an hour, or starting the apps related to the widgets, the info on the widgets is stale!

I've used Android devices for years, and have never seen this behavior. We currently have two LG phones, a G5 and a G6 with Nougat, and both keep the same apps' widgets updated fairly regularly.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Or is this a unique behavior of the Huawei flavor of Android?

chris zhou2

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
After losing my ipad mini2, I decided to get A Huawei tablet. And after much comparisons, I settled for the Huawei M5 and that's the best decision I ever made considering my budget. I have the 4GB + 64GB 2.5D Glass Display. I bought the Glass Screen protector for it. The tablet has a premium feel and I often get asked if people can handle it. People are always surprised it's a Huawei. I get a day's battery use with heavy YouTube-ing via WiFi that's always on. I love my Huawei M5 though am planning on getting the ipad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch