Mate 9 6gb 128gb or P10+?

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Im in doubt between these two devices.

Im looking for battery life, loudspeaker performance, and camera performance.

Which one os better for my needs?

Thanks,

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Im in doubt between these two devices.

Im looking for battery life, loudspeaker performance, and camera performance.

Which one os better for my needs?

Thanks,

The mate 9 has the larger battery and lower resolution screen. I think it would get better battery life.

Performance wise, both have the same chip so it should be similar. Depending on ram optimization on the mate 9, it could be better due to the 6gb ram

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
The P10 Plus has 6 GB Ram too. Camera on the Plus is better due to the 1.8 aperture and the Summilux lens.

Dance23

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
Mate has the biggest loudspeaker in stereo but who cares. I just use the speaker for notification, calls, some games and YouTube.

The sound quality is the same soundchip hi6403

Coenginered with Harman Kardon and Yamaha commercial audio group.

It supports Hi-Rez audio and the sound in jack headphones is very nice.

tfp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
First off, are you asking about the Mate 9 or the Mate 9 Pro? The Mate 9 does not offer 6GB and 128GB only the Mate 9 Pro. Two very different phones and thus makes the opinions offered very different as well.

I have the P10 Plus and absolutely love it so far! Mind you, I haven't played with the Mate 9, so I can't do a comparison of the two.

As mentioned, the P10 Plus does come with the 6GB 128GB option (and a 4GB 64GB or 6GB 256GB option as well) but I'm not sure if any carriers offer this setup or if that matters to you as you may be purchasing direct or 3rd party and not carrier. Mate 9 only offers 4GB 64GB option and Mate 9 Pro only offers 6GB 128GB option.

I've found that even though it is a 5.5" "traditional" (16/9 as opposed to the new 18/9 Samsung and LG offer) screen, it is quite small. My wife has an iPhone 6S Plus and it is significantly bigger than my P10 Plus. Even with a case on, my P10 Plus is still smaller than her iPhone 6S Plus. Of course, this only applies if you're referring to the 5.9" Mate 9 and not the 5.5" Mate 9 Pro.

Again, until the Mate 9/Mate 9 Pro option is clarified, opinions given will be all over the place.

This is my first non BlackBerry (BBOS, BB10 or Android) device and I am quite happy with it.

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
First off, are you asking about the Mate 9 or the Mate 9 Pro? The Mate 9 does not offer 6GB and 128GB only the Mate 9 Pro. Two very different phones and thus makes the opinions offered very different as well.

I have the P10 Plus and absolutely love it so far! Mind you, I haven't played with the Mate 9, so I can't do a comparison of the two.

As mentioned, the P10 Plus does come with the 6GB 128GB option (and a 4GB 64GB or 6GB 256GB option as well) but I'm not sure if any carriers offer this setup or if that matters to you as you may be purchasing direct or 3rd party and not carrier. Mate 9 only offers 4GB 64GB option and Mate 9 Pro only offers 6GB 128GB option.

I've found that even though it is a 5.5" "traditional" (16/9 as opposed to the new 18/9 Samsung and LG offer) screen, it is quite small. My wife has an iPhone 6S Plus and it is significantly bigger than my P10 Plus. Even with a case on, my P10 Plus is still smaller than her iPhone 6S Plus. Of course, this only applies if you're referring to the 5.9" Mate 9 and not the 5.5" Mate 9 Pro.

Again, until the Mate 9/Mate 9 Pro option is clarified, opinions given will be all over the place.

This is my first non BlackBerry (BBOS, BB10 or Android) device and I am quite happy with it.
Actually, the Huawei Store on AliExpress sells the 5.9" Mate 9 with 6gb of RAM and 128gb.

I'm asking about the 5.9" 6gb / 128gb version.

It's about the same price of the P10+ 6gb/64gb.

tfp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting because the Huawei site only specifies 4GB 64GB.

Compare

Not sure I'd trust the AliExpress phone when the manufacturer themselves only claim 4GB 64GB hmm...

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
If this is the one you're referring to

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...lgo_pvid=529e8c75-50b8-4a63-8b12-7157aa4731d9

If you look at the screen shot of the phone specs, it shows 4GB of Ram and 64GB of memory.

Yep.

But Ive talked to the seller, which is the Huawei Online Store ( https://huaweionline.pt.aliexpress.com/store/2930037?spm=a2g03.10010108.0.0.BDRdIO ) and he confirmed that it's a 6gb / 128gb. Also, all the buyer's reviews are 5 stars. Another thing, on the seller's page there are the two options: the 4gb / 64gb and the 6gb / 128gb.

csetoue

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Definitely get the P10+. It beats the Mate 9 in everything but the battery life
I still didn't buy it.

I'm waiting the lasts upgrades on P10+ to know if its battery life turns to get better.

How much SoT are you getting?

I read some guys getting just 3-4 hours. For a 3750mah battery, I think its not enought.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I still didn't buy it.

I'm waiting the lasts upgrades on P10+ to know if its battery life turns to get better.

How much SoT are you getting?

I read some guys getting just 3-4 hours. For a 3750mah battery, I think its not enought.

Wow, that does seem awfully short. Hopefully it was something that could be fixed in a software update

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this dilemma right now too. Definitely trading in my s8 and getting the Mate 9 or P10 Plus. I was waiting for the Mate 10 but from the leaks it seems they're going with the 2:1 screen ratio now too and I'm sick of those already AND the reported pricing puts it as expensive as the Note 8 and iPhone 8. like the size, style and battery of of the Mate 9 but the P10 Plus has a better screen and slightly better camera. The Mate 9 is also cheaper BUT the main decider for me that will probably sway me to the P10 Plus is the Finger Print Sensor on the front. My phone spends much of the day on a windscreen mount so being able to wake the phone from the front is a major thing for me and since there's no Double Tap to Wake etc on either the easiest way to wake the phone is with the front mounted FPS.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this dilemma right now too. Definitely trading in my s8 and getting the Mate 9 or P10 Plus. I was waiting for the Mate 10 but from the leaks it seems they're going with the 2:1 screen ratio now too and I'm sick of those already AND the reported pricing puts it as expensive as the Note 8 and iPhone 8. I like the size, style and battery of of the Mate 9 but the P10 Plus has a better screen and slightly better camera. The Mate 9 is also cheaper BUT the main decider for me that will probably sway me to the P10 Plus is the Finger Print Sensor on the front. My phone spends much of the day on a windscreen mount so being able to wake the phone from the front is a major thing for me and since there's no Double Tap to Wake etc on either the easiest way to wake the phone is with the front mounted FPS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95