Hauwei or not?

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
All of those phones that you mentioned were released within the past two years. If you look back at their track record of keeping their phones up to date, especially security updates, you'll see that they've been pretty spotty, at best. But, like I said, they've gotten a lot better.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using AC Forums mobile app
You specifically mentioned Mate 9, my Mate 9 has had plenty of updates is on Oreo and just got an update last week so really if you get anything released after the Mate 9 support isn't an issue.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
You specifically mentioned Mate 9, my Mate 9 has had plenty of updates is on Oreo and just got an update last week so really if you get anything released after the Mate 9 support isn't an issue.
Yeah, I know. I had a Mate 9 a while back. Sold it before it was updated to Oreo. I didn't realize that they havd kept it updated. I corrected myself above. I hope they continue to keep their phones updated. They make some really nice hardware.

Amy.B

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
If i was to order one on 26th (apparently they’re not in shops til then) do you think i’d still qualify for the offer?
Thank you JZ and everyone else for your input and advice!

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
If i was to order one on 26th (apparently they’re not in shops til then) do you think i’d still qualify for the offer?
Thank you JZ and everyone else for your input and advice!
I think I'd order one a day or two before, just to make sure as your phone needs to be "pre ordered" to qualify for the freebies... You can actually order at any time beforehand but your new contract won't start til the day of delivery.. HTH, David.

Amy.B

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I know! I could either:
1 Pay myself out of my existing contract.
2 Buy the phone outright (minus the freebies) or
3 Wait until May when my contract ends to get a new phone.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I know! I could either:
1 Pay myself out of my existing contract.
2 Buy the phone outright (minus the freebies) or
3 Wait until May when my contract ends to get a new phone.
You still get the freebies if you buy the phone Amy... If you didn't like the watch you could probably get near to £180/200 for it

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Took the plunge and ordered the Mate 20 Pro,EE(Tmobile UK)...delivery date 26th October.

You are going to love it mate! :D I am loving my review unit, I am using it in Performance Mode right now and the battery is still taking its sweet time to drain absolutely insane.
Enjoy! I’m undecided lol
Between P20 Pro and Mate 20 Pro? Get the Mate 20 Pro, it brings Fast Wireless Charging with even faster Supercharging, a larger battery than the P20, and a larger display. It's also a lot more powerful than the P20, and will be comparable to next year's P30 , as the P30 will use the same internal hardware.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
You are going to love it mate! :D I am loving my review unit, I am using it in Performance Mode right now and the battery is still taking its sweet time to drain absolutely insane. Between P20 Pro and Mate 20 Pro? Get the Mate 20 Pro, it brings Fast Wireless Charging with even faster Supercharging, a larger battery than the P20, and a larger display. It's also a lot more powerful than the P20, and will be comparable to next year's P30 , as the P30 will use the same internal hardware.
Thanks for that! I've really enjoyed my P20 Pro and was keeping my update for the Pixel 3xl (as I had the 2XL from launch and loved it) but there are just so many new things in the Mate 20 Pro whereas the 3xl doesn't seem to have moved forward much. I'm genuinely excited for this handset to arrive... Only 4 more sleeps to go!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using AC Forums mobile app

Amy.B

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Think I will go Mate 20 Pro eventually lol when i decide to take the plunge!

You are going to love it mate! :D I am loving my review unit, I am using it in Performance Mode right now and the battery is still taking its sweet time to drain absolutely insane. Between P20 Pro and Mate 20 Pro? Get the Mate 20 Pro, it brings Fast Wireless Charging with even faster Supercharging, a larger battery than the P20, and a larger display. It's also a lot more powerful than the P20, and will be comparable to next year's P30 , as the P30 will use the same internal hardware.