Why do I still only have the security patch 1/DEC/2018 on my UK version Huawei P20 Pro?

SteiffCollector

May 22, 2019
Visit site
I have an official UK version of the Huawei P20 Pro, totally unmodified.
I still have the security patch dated 1 DEC 2018.
I have contacted Huawei for relevant information, but the only response I received is simply telling me that all updates are released in batches, and is dependant on region as to when I would receive them!
My query has never been regarding Android itself, just the security patches!
Their own website, (Huawei), shows a list of phones that will receive MONTHLY UPDATES, my phone is on this list.
I am not happy using my phone with outdated security patch!
Any helpful information much appreciated.
Thank you.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Can't really answer your question (I am in Canada) but that definitely does seem odd.

Have you tried connecting phone to a PC via USB cable whilst using Huawei's "HiSuite" to check for updates? Can't say I've ever had luck finding updates that way yet others claim they have when they fail to arrive OTA... Just tried as waiting on May's patch from my carrier but nothing.

Believe in 2019 I received (on P20 & Pro) Jan, Mar and Apr patches w/May's supposedly on its way, according to my carrier's update schedule that is. So yeah yours is a wee behind the times for sure.

Update...
Received P20 Pro May patch on 25th whist P20 is still on the waiting list. Pretty sure it's my carrier causing the delay here as same thing played out in April with P20 getting patch a week after Pro did.

Last edited:

nlm

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
I got the May update two nights ago in Canada so it is rolling out. Sorry to hear about the OP's delays.