Google bans Huawei:Are you worried?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Huawei has immediately lost access to Android and Google

According to Reuters, citing a source close to the matter, Google was forced into suspending business with Huawei that “requires the transfer of hardware and software products.”

“Huawei Technologies Co Ltd will immediately lose access to updates to the Android operating system, and the next version of its smartphones outside of China will also lose access to popular applications and services including the Google Play Store and Gmail app,” Reuters noted.

This effectively means no further Android security updates for devices new and old, including the recent P30 and P30 Pro, Mate 20 Pro, and many more.

Google’s actions come after the U.S. Commerce Department’s announcement on Wednesday, which placed Huawei and some 68 affiliates on a so-called Entity List, a trade blacklist, following an executive order signed by U.S. President Trump.
https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-loses-access-to-google-android-987873/

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Wow that's huge. I wonder what that guy that just came back from shopping with its brand new P30 is thinking right now.

Maybe he's driving it's car back to shopping to return it

Jean Lai Kan

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
Yeah that would really stink if you own one.

This could happen to any other phone supplier: Lg, Samsung, Nokia etc.
Boeing could be forced to stop selling spare parts to any country the US is in conflict with. Bad for the credibility of the US to use their products as a political weapon against their customers. Mixing politics with business is not a good idea.

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Google can for pay my contract if its true. I expect my two years of updates that have been promised by Android

And i'll happily leave Android forever

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
This could happen to any other phone supplier: Lg, Samsung, Nokia etc.
Boeing could be forced to stop selling spare parts to any country the US is in conflict with. Bad for the credibility of the US to use their products as a political weapon against their customers. Mixing politics with business is not a good idea.

Its not even conflict

The Yanks have been asked exactly what evidence they have against Huawei repeatedly and have never provided anything.

**** this.

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the same reason the UK has doubts about Huawei.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-48297407

None of that article came from anyone official

Fact is if you actually look beyond the smear campaign, by the billionaires running the media with US business interests, the UK and others have not found any evidence to not trust Huawei.

BT fully vetted out Huawei before awarding them contracts and Huawei passed.

Which is why they are in the discussion to take on our 5G upgrades.

Its only the megalomaniac Trump who keeps spouting off but wont provide evidence when asked.
And off course others have to say the same for politics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969