My new P30 Lite cannot detect 5GHz WiFi SSID services

jgy2001

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered and received Huawei P30 Lite from Amazon.

Power up and log in WiFi but only detect 2.4GHz Wifi. No 5GHz wifi SSID servers are shown.

Verify with other Nokia and Motorola and Apple mobile phones, all showing 5GHz wifi SSID servers and log in operating fine.

scan the internet and found many other Huawei P30 and other model mobile phone has 5GHz wifi problems.

Is this common defective hardware in these Huawei phones?

Mafiatounes

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with all my devices, guess what the cause was.. apperantly apple devices in my case XS Max and iPad Pro 11 have some weird interference which caused my P30 Pro and all others to disconnect from 5g. Try turning off all Apple devices and it will work again.

jgy2001

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
You can scan the Wifi and show the SSID. But when you access WiFi, it scan the WiFi and list the SSID. It does not show which is 2.4 or 5GHz.
Looking at Huawei P30 Lite spec, it show the WiFi standard is IEEE standard 802.11a/d/g/m/ac. I assume "ac" is 5GHz, right?

Taldree

Dec 29, 2019
Visit site
Huawai P30 phones can't detect 5Ghz WiFi, YES THEY CAN

Just ordered and received Huawei P30 Lite from Amazon.

Power up and log in WiFi but only detect 2.4GHz Wifi. No 5GHz wifi SSID servers are shown.

Verify with other Nokia and Motorola and Apple mobile phones, all showing 5GHz wifi SSID servers and log in operating fine.

scan the internet and found many other Huawei P30 and other model mobile phone has 5GHz wifi problems.

Is this common defective hardware in these Huawei phones?

My P30 pro was the same but there is a setting in you modem/router called 'Band Steering' or similar which I unchecked and YES my P30 immediately recognised both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz signal, so that was my solution, it's not the phone it's the modem/router. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non