Huawei Watch Incoming Calls Problem

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.

I bough the Huawei Watch 2 days ago and I am using it with my HTC One M8, which is updated to Android 6 Marshmallow.

Software Version on the Watch is the latest: M9E42C
Google Play Services is the latest: 10.2.98 (530-146496460)
Android Wear Version on the smartphone is 2.0.0.147108189.gms

Incoming calls notifications dont come to the watch at all. I would like to pick up the call on the watch so the setting -> Bluetooth -> "Play phone audio on watch" it´s ON.

Can someone please help?

Cheers

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you get other notifications on the watch? I've noticed that my watch does not start indicating an incoming call at the same time the phone does, likely low-speed connection with BTLE as I'm not maintaining a full audio connection like you are. Sometimes, for me, it ends up being faster to grab the phone (or look at the phone) to see who's calling. BTW, I can still use the watch to answer the call and have the audio on another device (headset, phone) with the way mine is set up.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you get other notifications on the watch? I've noticed that my watch does not start indicating an incoming call at the same time the phone does, likely low-speed connection with BTLE as I'm not maintaining a full audio connection like you are. Sometimes, for me, it ends up being faster to grab the phone (or look at the phone) to see who's calling. BTW, I can still use the watch to answer the call and have the audio on another device (headset, phone) with the way mine is set up.
I get all the other notifications, just not the incoming calls ones. I know that you can use it just to pick up the call and then talk from the smartphone but I can't even do that since there's no notification to do it. :(

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Sorry I couldn't guide you to the solution, but as I said to someone at my job yesterday - until I've seen a problem and SOLVED the problem, I'm just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks regardless of how much training you do because until you see a failure happening you just can't know how things react to attempted solutions.