help with new rooted phone!!..plz..

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I am happy to announce that I have successfully flashed mikrunny v.1.01 to.my device.... : )..
It is awesome!!... It comes with ad free... Also with file explorer or something like that...
The lockscreen it's fantastic!!.. I mean I'm loving it!!!...

I have found some issues...

My camera's flash doesn't work!!..
I don't have the 3G icon on top, instead I.get EVDO.. ( dont know if that affects the internet performance or something)...

But other then that, I am very pleased with it!!..

Any advice on this?/

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I am gettin this thing .. where my phone is kinda slow... I dont know why but sometimes, it feels as if it's going to freeze..

Anybody experiencing any trouble ??..
Suggestions?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
That can happen on some ROMS. Try flashing another one and see if issue is still there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea... Might try it but i really like this rom...
One thing, so if i download another rom, i will be following the same proccess as i did with this one right?.. ok .. now if i want to go back to the mikmik rom, do i have to download it again and put it in the root of my sd card. Then rebot into cwm and install it again.... Or can i just reinstall it since i already have it in my sd card....
Sorry for all this trouble..

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
You would be able to just flash it again, however I'm running mik runny and my flash has always worked fine. The evdo makes no difference to you internet or signal it just wasn't modified to 3g when the room was made, there are mods, themes that will fix that. As to it being slow there are many different things that could cause this. Try and redownload the ROM, I like to do it from the phone itself as things can't get corrupted in a transfer. It does not need to be on the root of your card it's just easier to find there, and try flashing again.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Yup same process.

You can re install it from the one you have or you can download it again. One cause might be a bad download :) That happens sometimes too.

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. So if i do it from the Phone, do i need to go into the root of my sd card using file manager and delete the zip file ? And then download it and flash it again?? ..

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
yes you might as well get rid of the old one.download a new one and if you do it from your phone it should end up in the download folder and than go into recovery and wipe everything and flash three ROM. Then hopefully you won't have any more problems

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Nothing bad will happen :) The ROM is not running off the zip file. Once the ROM installs it is running out of the system not the SD card. It is safe to delete.

Reactions: khriztian704

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. thanks.. now how do i back up my contacts ? .. because i dont want to keep adding them everytime i flash a new rom...

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok.. thanks.. now how do i back up my contacts ? .. because i dont want to keep adding them everytime i flash a new rom...

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

As long as they are saved to your Google account your fine. Too do that if you have some on your phone is to go into the people app, hit the menu and then more and pick move.than you should be able to move them to your Google account and every time you set up a new ROM and log into google it will sync your contacts

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: khriztian704