arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi AC forums,

I am seriously thinking about rooting and putting some custom roms on my DINC. I have a few ROMs in mind and I was wondering if you guys could give me your thoughts on them and then anything I would have to install once I got the ROM installed, i.e. gapps, camera app for CM7, etc.

Here is the list of ROMs I am thinking about.

CM 7.0.3
Skyraider 4.2
KINgDoM REwInD 3D

and some other Sense 3.0 and 3.0/2.1 ROMs

Thanks,
arran1

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Arran1

The first 2 are good stable ROM's. I have not played with Rewind myself so I can't vouch for it personally.

You will have to load the GAPPS on CM7, as you would with any AOSP ROM. Skyraider already has them.

Be sure you read the OP's of the individual ROM carefully before flashing for any ROM specific instructions.

Happy Flashing.

Last edited:
Reactions: arran1

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Lots of AOSP love going on around here (I still need to take the leap and try out CM7) :)

But from another point of view, it depends on if you are a fan of Sense. I have been using Skyraider for a while now and love it. Great ROM, stable, with a hint of CM7 goodness thrown in for good measure.

As everyone says, nandroid and try them all.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Lots of AOSP love going on around here (I still need to take the leap and try out CM7) :)

But from another point of view, it depends on if you are a fan of Sense. I have been using Skyraider for a while now and love it. Great ROM, stable, with a hint of CM7 goodness thrown in for good measure.

As everyone says, nandroid and try them all.

Like you and others have said nandroids are your friend, so defiantly backup your current ROM and give CM7 a shot.

And yes I suppose your take on ROM('s) you prefer depends on weather you're a fan of Sense or not. Personally I hate Sense (and custom UI's in general) so vanilla is defiantly my preferred flavor of Android, and no one does AOSP better then Cyanogenmod.

Last edited:

arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am a big fan of Sense. But AOSP isn't bad. So I am willing to try it. And I've heard CM7 is one of the best, if not the best.

Nandroiding a lot was/is what I am going to do, I just wanted to hear everyone's opinions on these different ROM's.

Again, thanks to all of you!

And for you Skyraider fans, do you think there will be an update to it that will make it have the Sense 3.0 lockscreen? Or is there a MOD for that? That is one thing I would like.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
And for you Skyraider fans, do you think there will be an update to it that will make it have the Sense 3.0 lockscreen? Or is there a MOD for that? That is one thing I would like.

The chef for Skyraider, Ihtfp69, has left the XDA community and started back up on a smaller forum site: Team BAMF Forums - Home

Skyraider is currently on version 4.2, but 4.3 is in the works. Here is all that I could find at the moment about the changes/update for 4.3:

4.3 will actually integrate the Gingerbread Download UI into the ROM. It's a lot better than the Froyo one imo.

arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Here's another noob question, I have heard a lot of talk going around the forum about incredikernal with CM7. Can you put it on Skyraider?

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's another noob question, I have heard a lot of talk going around the forum about incredikernal with CM7. Can you put it on Skyraider?

Nope. Incredikernel is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) kernel, and Skyraider is Sense based, which means you can only use Sense kernels.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

I think Chad does make a Sense kernel, but it's like a year old with no updates. I tried it on a few sense roms and it was horrible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty