Can't change splash screen

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
What am I doing wrong?

I download a custom splash screen from Splash1 and Bootscreen Compilation! - xda-developers, and change the name to PB31IMG.zip, and put on the root of my sd card. I turn off the phone, then power up with Power+vol dwn. And...nothing. I see something flashing by that says parsing PB31IMG, but the old HTC splash screen is still there. Am I missing something? The guides I have been reading online don't say to do anything else...

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
If you get the parsing... that means something's wrong with that zip. I can give you instructions on how to create your own splashes, or there's an app in the market that will do it for you.

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I found some splashes that work...they were bad files.

But if there is an app that would let me make my own, that would be cool! I have been trying, and the directions seem to skip a step or two, or make a leap of assumed knowledge.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I found some splashes that work...they were bad files.

But if there is an app that would let me make my own, that would be cool! I have been trying, and the directions seem to skip a step or two, or make a leap of assumed knowledge.

Read these instructions and see if they're easy enough:

1.Download and extract the files linked above and place them somewhere familiar to you.
2.In your image creation/manipulation tool, create a new image. Set the image size to 480x800. (If you already have an image in mind, open that and resize it)
3.Create/modify/customize the image however you like.
4.Save the image as splash1.bmp file. Ensure that you are saving the file as a 24bit RGB color bitmap. To make things easy, save the image in the same folder where you extracted the nbimg tool.
5.Open a command or terminal window and CD to your nbimg folder.
6.Type in the following command: nbimg -F splash1.bmp -w 480 -h 800
7.If successful, nbimg should have created an nb file called 'splash1.bmp.nb'.
8.Rename 'splash1.bmp.nb' to 'splash1.img'.
9.Take your newly created splash1.img file and the 'android-info.txt' that you downloaded earlier, and place it in a new ZIP file called 'PB31IMG.zip'.
10.Place your newly created PB31IMG.zip on the root of your SD card, and reboot to hboot. (adb reboot oem-42)
11.If everything went smoothly, you should be prompted to install your custom splash1.

It's a piece of cake once you have the image sized and saved correctly. But if it's too much work, the app is called BootFlash Pro ($1)

whatbeup

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Read these instructions and see if they're easy enough:

1.Download and extract the files linked above and place them somewhere familiar to you.
2.In your image creation/manipulation tool, create a new image. Set the image size to 480x800. (If you already have an image in mind, open that and resize it)
3.Create/modify/customize the image however you like.
4.Save the image as splash1.bmp file. Ensure that you are saving the file as a 24bit RGB color bitmap. To make things easy, save the image in the same folder where you extracted the nbimg tool.
5.Open a command or terminal window and CD to your nbimg folder.
6.Type in the following command: nbimg -F splash1.bmp -w 480 -h 800
7.If successful, nbimg should have created an nb file called 'splash1.bmp.nb'.
8.Rename 'splash1.bmp.nb' to 'splash1.img'.
9.Take your newly created splash1.img file and the 'android-info.txt' that you downloaded earlier, and place it in a new ZIP file called 'PB31IMG.zip'.
10.Place your newly created PB31IMG.zip on the root of your SD card, and reboot to hboot. (adb reboot oem-42)
11.If everything went smoothly, you should be prompted to install your custom splash1.

It's a piece of cake once you have the image sized and saved correctly. But if it's too much work, the app is called BootFlash Pro ($1)

i got until step 9... where is the android-info.txt? i can't find it..

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The android-info.txt file would be in one of the packages you download from the link in the OP. These are instructions on how to take one of those packages and make your own splash package.

Hope this helps.