Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I installed the latest CM7 build without issue after doing a factory reset.
Downloaded the gapps file from their wiki site.
I have been trying this since 4 pm yesterday.
I cannot get gapps to work. at all.
It says flashing complete, but then no apps appear.
No gmail, maps, navigation, etc.

Any ideas?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I kept reflashing CM7, first from HTC's bootloader and then started the device. without doing a thing, I turned off the phone and used CM& to go into recovery.
I then installed Gapps.
First few times nothing.
One time it only let me install one app.
Another the screen turned off and thus deactivated the market app (weird)
I ended up hard resetting, flashing cm7, booting, shutting down and then loaded gapps and then booted up again.
I like how CM7 incorporated a file manager and screen capture, or is that part of adw launcher free version?

I downloaded the google apps individually because gapps just wasn't happening as everytime I booted up it was already recognizing me.

brooklyntyger

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Flashed CM7.2 on my phone, and then gapps immediately afterwards. Booted and didn't find Market. If I look under settings>Applications>Manage applications>All, I see "Market" grayed out.

I'm doing this on a HTC Evo. Updated all the radios, and I did a factory reset before installing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
GAPPS is pretty much only the Play app now - everything else is downloaded from the market. Goggle is trying to disassociate Gmail and other traditional apps as "core apps" and make them market apps so they are easier to maintain and update.

Reactions: dmmarck

brooklyntyger

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I checked my phone and there's no service for google play, or any icon for it in the app drawer.

Is there a file to install the Google Play App?

Thanks for your help!

Zimeron

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Did you check the MD5 for the zip? Perhaps you have a bad download, but it should include the market by default and I mean market, it hasn't been updated to the play store in that gapps.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you see either Market or Play in the app drawer?

Sorry for my delay - no power makes forum surfing more of a challenge.

brooklyntyger

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't see Market or Play in the apps drawer, but if I go to my settings, and see the applications installed, I do see Market, Markets apps installer, market feedback agent, and market updater. If I select Market, both the option to Force stop, or clear data are selectable. If I go to running services, it's not listed as running.

brooklyntyger

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I found some time and did a few combinations of installs. I downloaded gapps 20101114 which was the prior gapps for phones with HDPI ( evo 4g ). For each install, I wiped the Dalvik cache and did a factory reset, then used recovery to flash the ROM and then gapps before rebooting.

I tried CM 7.1 with gapps 20110828, CM 7.1 with gapps 20101114, and CM 7.2 with gapps 20101114. All of these resulted in a bootloop that kept restarting at the first setup screen.

Only CM 7.2 with the most recent gapps for CM7 booted, but still no Market or Play app.

I think my phone just hates me.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try doing a data, cache and dalvlik wipe and then re-flash GAPPS. That should clear out any residual crap laying around from all the other attempts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith