My stupidity almost killed wifes Inc

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I would share.....

I gave my wife my Droid Inc about a year ago after moving to the Droid Pro then the BB 9930 Bold, so I haven't been keeping up with Android goodness. I had flashed Sense+ a long time ago and she's been having problems. Decided to jump in and load Nils' Business Gingersense. Without refreshing my skills, I jumped right in. Do NOT do the same.

Forgot to backup the rom, flashed it, got stuck in the 3-vibrate black screen, panicked, wife was mad. after an hour, remembered I needed to update hboot (was running old .79 or something like that). Flashed new hboot, got stuck in bootloop, panicking continued. Another hour passes, remembered I should have updated radio. Did that, finally saw the phone boot. Now runs great - also loaded tiny kernel.
Anyhow, I did it all a$$ backwards and could have saved myself some serious time and stress. Point of my story is read, read, read and know what you're doing before doing it. There was a span of 30 minutes where I really thought she would be getting a new phone today because of my dumbness. That's a big phewwwwwwwww! Thank goodness for all the great info in these threads - many of you helped me recover just through your own posts and experience, so thanks AC!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I once loaded a hybrid onto my wife's BB Storm and she was NOT pleased. I thought it ran smoother (and it did but barely) but now everything she had was out of place and some of it was erased. Lesson learned, screw all you want to with your phone, leave the Mrs out of it. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89