Rooting, battery %?

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So I decided to root, in the great sea of information I have been scouring the past couple days without the intent of rooting the phone I always had this question in the back of my mind, and now searching for it with the intent to root I still can't find an answer.

Is there a specific battery % at which a root/reflash is best performed at or above?

I know on the Pre Plus there was a nag screen whenever you did just about anything with the phone saying you had to be over 80% or some such. I can't imagine it hurting the phone for me to root and then flash a custom rom with my battery at 60% but I would rather be sure before I void my warranty and brick my phone for not asking what seems like a stupid question.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't perform it under 30% battery. Personally I would just plug the cable into the usb port on the computer and do it. As long as your phone doesn't die during the process you have nothing to worry about. The nag screen you are talking about doesn't happen on Android until 14%.

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I plugged it into the wall adapter (1000 mA charge instead of usb ~500) and read up for a good half hour, when I plugged it in to the laptop to start the process it was around 85% So no worries here on battery. By the time I was done rooting it is now 100%.

I was more curious in general about the stability in lower battery charges than I was about what to do in my case.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well if it's any indication my phone work and performs like normal all the way up until it shuts itself off. I know it ruined an awesome score I had going on this 3D homerun game I got lol.

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Lol sorry to hear that. My root/rom experience went extremely well in my opinion. I could have done it in about 45 minutes had I not wanted to read every resource I could find before, during, and then after rooting and installing a custom ROM. As is I had about a 5 hour job of it. Things went smoothly, although I thought my SD card was formatted correctly and it wasn't. Still marveling at all the different things in skyraider.

So, last thing, where is this flash 10.1 I am hearing so much about? I found a version for the EVO 4g and considered trying it out, but I dunno if it will even load, haven't tried yet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty