Help- I probably shouldnt have rooted

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I kept reading on how easy it was and with the help of you fine folks I mustered up the courage to root. I think I am having some issues.

I am running skyraider 2.5.2 vanilla and I flashed all 4 OC kernels. I am now on the 4th 1.113 oc/uv ov. Ihave all 4 saved to my sd card

-so it seems very buggy, I installed flash, the sound is coming out very slow, sounds like playing a record backwards.

-it radomly shuts down when doing things like moving apps to sd card

-I ran the neocore test and I am getting less fps than stock

-what do I do for facebook?

-how do I get a black notification bar (using launcher pro)

-how do I get my voice mails to show up with texts (do I need sense)

I dont know, I am panicing, I am sure will come up, but I rely heavily on my phone for work and it just doesnt seem to be as fast and crisp as before and thats what I thought froyo was about....PLEASE help me.

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
I think step one is to take a deep breath ;). As long as you did a ROM Manager backup before you flashed SkyRaider, you can go back to it. Have you tried any other ROMs other than Skyraider? CyanogenMod and JagerROM are two other really popular alternatives.

Your audio issue might be solved with Stagefright. Try flashing it and see if you're still having issues. It fixed my audio issues, though they weren't like yours.

I'm not sure what issues you're having with Facebook. Can you elaborate?

If you want the black status bar, you'll need to use something other than a "Vanilla" ROM. The black bar is pulled from Sense. Vanilla ROMs have white status bars. It doesn't have anything to do with Launcher Pro.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think step one is to take a deep breath ;).

Step 1...Done lol

I actually figured I should flash the skyraider w/ sense, so I am doing that now.

The problem with FB was there was no FB, not even on the market. I saw somewhere I need to load social networker on vanilla but couldnt do that either.

I found out the sound is a hulu issue, sounds like everyone is having that issue.

now I will see how 2.5.2 w/sense works and be back later to panic.

I still have the 1.xx radio. should I falsh that and if so do i need to do it thru my computer or can I do it right from my phone like a regular rom?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is install the social package when you install vanilla. You have facebook etc then. The problem with lower than normal scores is you phone's cpu isn't liking the overclock. So you have a phone that doesn't overclock. Go back to a stock speed and you will be fine. The sound this is a hulu bug no worry in that. Sounds like you jumped the gun too quickly. This is why I always suggest. Run a backup BEFORE you do anything and READ READ READ and when you think there is nothing more, find another forum. Find out the hows and whys and how to fix it BEFORE you break something. It makes life much easier.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is install the social package when you install vanilla. You have facebook etc then. The problem with lower than normal scores is you phone's cpu isn't liking the overclock. So you have a phone that doesn't overclock. Go back to a stock speed and you will be fine. The sound this is a hulu bug no worry in that. Sounds like you jumped the gun too quickly. This is why I always suggest. Run a backup BEFORE you do anything and READ READ READ and when you think there is nothing more, find another forum. Find out the hows and whys and how to fix it BEFORE you break something. It makes life much easier.

I really thought I read enough and I know I am being a pain in the a$$. I was encouraged by all the noobs who said how easy it was. But I think I am cool now. I went with 2.5.2 w/sense and threw it in there w/ the #3 OC kernel. My phone seems pretty stable now and I havent found any issues yet. the neocore was 26.1 stock and is 26.2 now..I have seen numbers in the 40s, I thought that was going to jump but oh well phone seems fine. Could it have anything to do with the 1.xx Radio.

I was going to do that next but wasnt sure if I could do it straight from my phone, I am on a different computer from what I rooted on. I searched xda and everything there looks like it has to be done from adb.

Seriously thanks for bearing with me I appreciate it. I am a hands on learner and feel I am getting the hang...soon I will be able to help some other pain in the a$$....lol

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I really thought I read enough and I know I am being a pain in the a$$. I was encouraged by all the noobs who said how easy it was. But I think I am cool now. I went with 2.5.2 w/sense and threw it in there w/ the #3 OC kernel. My phone seems pretty stable now and I havent found any issues yet. the neocore was 26.1 stock and is 26.2 now..I have seen numbers in the 40s, I thought that was going to jump but oh well phone seems fine. Could it have anything to do with the 1.xx Radio.

I was going to do that next but wasnt sure if I could do it straight from my phone, I am on a different computer from what I rooted on. I searched xda and everything there looks like it has to be done from adb.

Seriously thanks for bearing with me I appreciate it. I am a hands on learner and feel I am getting the hang...soon I will be able to help some other pain in the a$$....lol

Umm yes. It has everything to do with the 1.x radio. I would flash at least the 2.05 radio from the 7/27 or 8/1 ota leak. Bad thing with that, now that you didn't read thoroughly you will now have to flash back to a totally 2.1 stock with no updates no root etc. Do the update, reroot, reinstall SR 2.5.2 etc......Good luck!

Go here for information on the 7/27 update.
[ROM]*07/27 Leaked OTA* Stock 2.2 with Sense [SOME BUGS!!] - xda-developers

If you unRevoke Forever your phone you won't have to roll back and you can then use the 2.15 radio. But I think you should spend some time reading about how to do the radios etc. Because while they look simple you can brick a phone easy doing them.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the info... I think this is the root (bad pun) I should go. If I do the titanium backup now while running 2.5.2. Do the PB311MG to go back to stock. Flash the 2.05 radio. Root. Then flash the Rom and Kernel. When I redownload Titanium it will find everything like normal, right?

Is there a difference between the 2.05 and the 2.15? Other then the forever part?

Many thanks!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes your titanium backups will still be on your SD card, so it will find them. You have the idea right you just got to do it! The difference between the 2.05 and 2.15 radio is 2.15 adds H.263/H.264 encoding for the camcorder and the snr on the radio as well as speeds on 3G have been reported to be better. Personally the battery life, 3G speeds etc seem about the same between them to me. The extra encoding options are nice but not a must have for me. So you should be fine with the 2.05 radio.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Help... I Flashed the 2.05 Radio, Rooted, Skyraider 2.5.2 W/sense, Then onto the Kernels...I had all 4 Hydra OCUV on my sd card. All four are giving me boot loop...What do I do.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Help... I Flashed the 2.05 Radio, Rooted, Skyraider 2.5.2 W/sense, Then onto the Kernels...I had all 4 Hydra OCUV on my sd card. All four are giving me boot loop...What do I do.

Try using the kernel that came with Skyraider and not any of the overclocked ones. Some phones can't handle the overclocked kernels. Assuming you did a nandroid backup/backup in Rom manager at some point, then boot into recovery (with phone off, hold volume down and power), and restore a previous backup. After everything is restored, re-flash skyraider if necessary and don't do any hydra kernels or anything. IMO it's fast enough anyways, lol.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Try using the kernel that came with Skyraider and not any of the overclocked ones. Some phones can't handle the overclocked kernels. Assuming you did a nandroid backup/backup in Rom manager at some point, then boot into recovery (with phone off, hold volume down and power), and restore a previous backup. After everything is restored, re-flash skyraider if necessary and don't do any hydra kernels or anything. IMO it's fast enough anyways, lol.

Ok..I have four nandroid backups. I did advanced restore->restore boot....all four are giving me boot loops, what am I doing wrong?

Also where on the sd card can I find the kernel that came w/skyraider?

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok..I have four nandroid backups. I did advanced restore->restore boot....all four are giving me boot loops, what am I doing wrong?

Also where on the sd card can I find the kernel that came w/skyraider?

Just do restore (not advanced) and choose the last backup you can remember that booted fully. Try the oldest back-up listed as it is probably the original Skyraider before you flashed the kernels. I'm not sure the original kernel is stored anywhere on the SD card. But if you nandroid restore, the kernel will go back to whatever it was in the back-up.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
ok...trying now...I was worried about the full restore because I flashed the radio and I was afraid it would take me to the original...and I heard bad things happen if you flash the radio to often...but then again rom manager did a nandroid after the radio and after the rom and before the kernel soooo, fingers crossed

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
ok...trying now...I was worried about the full restore because I flashed the radio and I was afraid it would take me to the original...and I heard bad things happen if you flash the radio to often...but then again rom manager did a nandroid after the radio and after the rom and before the kernel soooo, fingers crossed

Nandroid restores won't touch the radio. The danger with the radio is that it lies even below the OS. So if you flash the radio img twice its bad news bears. Your radio will be fine with your restore :p

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
ok it did...took me to stock rooted with the 2.05 radio...flask=hing skyraider again and I think I will leave the kernels alone for the night...problem I think was I put the 4 OC kernels on my sd and didnt put the stock so I didnt have that option....Thanks so much for your help in these wee hours of the morn'

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
ok it did...took me to stock rooted with the 2.05 radio...flask=hing skyraider again and I think I will leave the kernels alone for the night...problem I think was I put the 4 OC kernels on my sd and didnt put the stock so I didnt have that option....Thanks so much for your help in these wee hours of the morn'

No problem! This rooting stuff takes time but it's worth it, haha! SkyRaider is an awesome ROM and I'd still be using it if I weren't trying out cyanogen mod at the moment.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
it is fun...popped my cherry and learned alot thanks to the folks in theses forums even though I was a pain in the a$$ sometimes but I feel i am getting there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non