CM6 stable is out

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Qazme, I'm going back to Cyanogen Mod until Sky Raider posts his release version of Sky Raider 3. Just curious...did you figure out a way to get wifi tethering to work with CM 6.0.1?

Thanks for your time.
Mike

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Qazme, I'm going back to Cyanogen Mod until Sky Raider posts his release version of Sky Raider 3. Just curious...did you figure out a way to get wifi tethering to work with CM 6.0.1?

Thanks for your time.
Mike

Yeah I just installed it following these directions.\

However I'm going back to my QazROM Custom, because for some reason Cyanogen decided I didn't need to make or receive phone calls this afternoon!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. That worked. Battery life on SR3 has been abysmal for me.

Yeah that should do you! I'm thinking of going back to Cyanogen again and see if I have the weird can't make phone calls or receive them error again. For some weird reason overnight it just stopped working. And it wasn't that is wasn't activated, I dial *228 to try and reactivate it and I couldn't even get to the VZW "This phone has not been activated" error. It was just dead. Very disappointed that the ROM doesn't work. I have yet to try any Cyanogen Mod that works perfectly, or stays working. Think I'll stay where I'm at till something jumps out at me.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, why are you holding out on us Q? What is QazROM, and how do I get my hands on it? Lol....

It's nothing you can't do yourself with a little adb knowledge. I just removed some of the things I didn't like in the Sense UI stuff, and added a kernel to it. Basically it's a vanilla version of the OTA with Sense Widgets removed.

Here is a list of things I removed:

teeter.apk
htcsettingwidgets.apk
htcmsgwidgets.apk
htcmailwidgets.apk
htccontactwidgets.apk
htccalendarwidgets.apk
htcbookmarkwidget.apk
com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk
com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk
com.htc.StockWidget.apk
com.htc.NewsReaderWidget.apk
com.htc.MusicWidget.apk
com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk
com.htc.FMRadioWidget.apk
amazonmp3.apk
WidgetDownloadManager.apk
Weather.apk
VzwLBSPerm.apk
VzWBAService.apk
VzWBAClient.apk
VzNav.apk
VZW_Skype.apk
VZW_MyVerizon.apk
VVM.apk
UpgradeSetup.apk
Updater.apk
Rosie.apk
RSS.apk
Mail.apk
HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk
HtcTwitter.apk
HtcRingtoneWidget.apk
HtcRingtoneTrimmer.apk
HtcProfilesWidget.apk
HtcPhotoWidget.apk
HtcLockScreen.apk
HtcFootprintsWidget.apk
HtcFootprints.apk
HtcFacebook.apk
HtcFMRadio.apk
HtcClockWidget.apk
HtcCalculatorWidget.apk
GenieWidget.apk
FriendStream.apk
Flickr.apk
Facebook.apk
DeskClock.apk
DCSStock.apk
DCSWeather.apk
CityID.apk

I then replaced the DeskClock.apk with the WorldClockGoogle.apk so my alarms work. Replaced the stock launcher (since I removed Sense lol) with LauncherPro. And added the BFS #1 Kernel to it.

I'm scoring 37's in Linpack, 1400's in Quadrant, and 26.9 in NeoCore. So basically it runs as good as my Cyanogen install but I have to use a 1.113Ghz OC to achieve it. Battery life is comparable. Speed and smoothness is comparable. BUT I still have the htc contacts, dialer, calendar, and working internal storage. Why did I ever try Cyanogen!!

I was going to cook it into a ROM, but there are so many ROMs out there I just saw it as pointless. However I do have a set of batch scripts that automate everything to make it once you flash the stock rooted de-odexed 2.2 ROM. Everything is removes it makes a backup on my SD card so if I ever want the stuff back I don't have to flash the rom again etc.

I decided not to share it because then you get people who expect you to go above and beyond to support them, answer questions, and do updates. I have thought about releasing the scripts to automate the removal of all the stuff I just haven't decided if it was worth it in itself.

webbs10101

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to get my contacts from facebook to sync up as sweetly as it does with sense? i liked how with SR vanilla i could just download social networking to solve it.. am i going to have to just wait for a new 3.0 vanilla to show up?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to get my contacts from facebook to sync up as sweetly as it does with sense? i liked how with SR vanilla i could just download social networking to solve it.. am i going to have to just wait for a new 3.0 vanilla to show up?

The syncing you are talking about is an HTC thing. I believe you can put it all back in there but it would be a headaches making the FC's quit. I would suggest on waiting on 3.

mc388

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Is anyones battery draining really quickly? It was fully charged when I went to sleep, but when i woke up, it was at 82 already.

@dafaz

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My phone appears to be working well, no issues yet. Been running 6.01 since its release. My Facebook contacts appear to be syncing also. Did you try clearing the Facebook cache in the applications menu and starting over?
Battery life seems better than stock and SR 2.5.2...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Does facebook sync with Cyanogen? I'm not sure on all that because I don't use facebook ;) However it syncs with Google really nicely. (Still skeptical on trying it again since the whole phone not working issue, still not sure why it did that.)

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone able to get into the sound settings? Its always forceclosing on me

It is happening to me as well. So far that is the only thing that is not working for me in this ROM. Oh, and the one time I overclocked to 1.113 I got a reboot. But it's very stable at 998.

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My phone appears to be working well, no issues yet. Been running 6.01 since its release. My Facebook contacts appear to be syncing also. Did you try clearing the Facebook cache in the applications menu and starting over?
Battery life seems better than stock and SR 2.5.2...

I got Facebook to sync with my contacts. If you go into the FB app and then into the settings, there is an option towards the bottom to Sync Contacts. There you have 3 options...Sync all, Sync with existing contacts, and Remove Facebook data. I selected Sync with existing contacts and now FB pics are showing up for my contacts. Hope this helps.

mc388

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It is happening to me as well. So far that is the only thing that is not working for me in this ROM. Oh, and the one time I overclocked to 1.113 I got a reboot. But it's very stable at 998.

I realized this was only a problem when restoring system data from Titanium back up.

griff6543

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So i am thinking about installing a kernel with this and am still kind of new to it. Are there any that work right now? Looking for the one that is better battery life

@dafaz

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So i am thinking about installing a kernel with this and am still kind of new to it. Are there any that work right now? Looking for the one that is better battery life

Its already been discussed earlier in this thread that the kernel that comes with it is the only one that works well so far.

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem of getting a black screen now and then? I have to remove the battery to get back going. I heard (or read) that it might be related to a wi-fi issue. I don't have any other problems besides this with this ROM (I haven't tried to overclock again). I hope they fix this soon because I'm digging vanilla.