Noob Nandroid question

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've just successfully completed my very first root, DINC using unrevoked3. I'm very comfortable with the whole process. I've done a full nandroid backup and Titanium is currently running. I'm going to try the Virtuous ROM as my first foray there, with a wipe of data and cache first, to be safe/clean.

The noob question: does nandroid really backup EVERYTHING, including photos if there were any on the phone storage? I've read about extensively but not seen that distinction. Is it truly like a PC image that literally copies the drive so i won't lose pics?

THANKS!

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for confirming. I've got MOST pics on the card, but there were some from the early days before I switched to SD storage.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've just successfully completed my very first root, DINC using unrevoked3. I'm very comfortable with the whole process. I've done a full nandroid backup and Titanium is currently running. I'm going to try the Virtuous ROM as my first foray there, with a wipe of data and cache first, to be safe/clean.

The noob question: does nandroid really backup EVERYTHING, including photos if there were any on the phone storage? I've read about extensively but not seen that distinction. Is it truly like a PC image that literally copies the drive so i won't lose pics?

THANKS!

It's pretty much like doing an image backup on your PC.