Skyraider 4.0 Available Now

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Cool, I use the 2150 so I already get a full day on stock. Just wondering if I would be able to get rid of this hunchback battery if I switched roms. I'll keep running it with Wifi only my other Inc for a few more days before I decide.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have been using SwiftKey for so long i forget about other keyboards... I only touched my screen 21 times to write this whole message

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Something is draining my battery today.....grrrrrr

My battery life has been very predictable, very stable, and very good. Do you use Facebook? I do, and I found having notifications turned on and being signed in to chat make a HUGE difference. The notifications worked so hit and miss I turned them off all together, and of course signed out of chat.

Have you tried seeing what process are running?

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried to same a scene using SR4?

My biggest annoyance with this ROM so far was when I lent my phone to my brother, who, having never played with an android phone before, dug into menus to see what the phone was hiding. One of the first things he did was changed the scene to see the different prepackaged looks. When he gave the phone back, I realized that I hadn't saved "my scene" and would have to rebuild it. Then, to my surprise, I couldn't find a way to save any scene, meaning that it was really easy to change to a standard scene and really annoying to get back to your set up if you accidentally did.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

My biggest annoyance with this ROM so far was when I lent my phone to my brother, who, having never played with an android phone before, dug into menus to see what the phone was hiding. One of the first things he did was changed the scene to see the different prepackaged looks. When he gave the phone back, I realized that I hadn't saved "my scene" and would have to rebuild it. Then, to my surprise, I couldn't find a way to save any scene, meaning that it was really easy to change to a standard scene and really annoying to get back to your set up if you accidentally did.

So when you go back to "Skyraider Scene" on the list it doesn't revert back? Is it possible your brother did more than just change scene's? Do you have alternate launcher's installed like Launcher Pro or ADW?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I hate to say it but best case scenario is to revert back to a nandroid.. I make a new nandroid and delete the old one every 4 or 5 days... so if I do ever run into any issues, i can just run the back up and not worry... Sorry that this happened to you man... I have been digging around into the menus too and havent' been able to find a way to save your current scene... if I come up with a solution I will let you all know :)

Reactions: rpz3.14

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it but best case scenario is to revert back to a nandroid.. I make a new nandroid and delete the old one every 4 or 5 days... so if I do ever run into any issues, i can just run the back up and not worry... Sorry that this happened to you man... I have been digging around into the menus too and havent' been able to find a way to save your current scene... if I come up with a solution I will let you all know :)

I actually did revert back to my nandroid. Then, after a few days, I just reverted back to CM7. It's a nice rom, though, and I may come back for another spin later. I just wanted to throw this out there so no one else tried to change scenes to see what they looked like. :p

Reactions: ssethv and Wanda

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I actually did revert back to my nandroid. Then, after a few days, I just reverted back to CM7. It's a nice rom, though, and I may come back for another spin later. I just wanted to throw this out there so no one else tried to change scenes to see what they looked like. :p

Definitely a good tip...thanks...sorry you had to find out the hard way.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey, let me ask you SkyRaider folks a question. Do any of you stream music during the day, and if so, do you notice a severe lag when using Gmail (or any email) while music is playing?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey, let me ask you SkyRaider folks a question. Do any of you stream music during the day, and if so, do you notice a severe lag when using Gmail (or any email) while music is playing?

I do stream music but haven't noticed a lag. What are you streaming it from...typically I use Slacker.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I stream music all the time. I haven't noticed any lag at all...

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, looks like I'm going to have to try this rom then. I really love CF.5, but I gotta be able to listen to music and use email at the same time without bogging down the phone or interrupting my music. CF.5 is killing me on that.

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if its this Rom but I get a crap connection to my 3g now. Looks like everyone is going back to c7?

ibanez rgt6EXFX via tapatalk

josh74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just cant get any battery life out of this Rom, no matter what kernel i use or radio I use. I guess it just doesnt like my hardware, too bad cause I really love what he has done with this. Going back to Nothing Special (Peanut) I guess.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am going to flash the newest nightly this weekend and give the new kernel a try too, but if the battery isn't as good as this rom im sure I'll be back...

Sent from my Hinc using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I get similar battery life, between skyraider an CM7 nightlies guess it depends if Im in the sense mood (skyraider)or unsense mood(CM7)
:p

sent using TaPaTaLk

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
loved this rom was switching from this to cm7 to ruby i stuck with ruby because i love the stock feel BUT i do love sense phone and camera but i was having problem with my 720p recording, it was choppy like hell anybody else had this problem.....that was another major reason im holding off on cm7 till they get 720p.