Why ios?

Rlambo

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please explain to me why everybody's facination with ios?

Have breifly used all of their main products and can honestly say I prefer android.

Do people just like to follow a crowd? Is it just an acceptance thing?

Was sat in college with 7 mates and I was the only one that didn't have an iphone 4/4s (rocking a htc one v)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC.

I guess each platform has its goods and bad. We have many multi platform members here at AC. Each have their own reasons and opinions for having say an android phone and an iPad. It makes for great discussion and debates :)

Enjoy the forums.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
It's mostly a way to show off or look "cool". It's also thanks to Apples marketing and reputation. Don't get me wrong though. There are lots of great things about iOS too.

Sent from my Nexus 7

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It's mostly a way to show off or look "cool". It's also thanks to Apples marketing and reputation. Don't get me wrong though. There are lots of great things about iOS too.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Apple lockin with macbooks & the ipad

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

shkim698

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
in my opinion, i dont think there is any fascination with iOS. What i realised with iOS is just SIMPLE, that's it. There is nothing more or less with iOS, it does what it does. I think this is one of the reason why many people use it, just easy to use (allowing all age group to be used)

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
in my opinion, i dont think there is any fascination with iOS. What i realised with iOS is just SIMPLE, that's it. There is nothing more or less with iOS, it does what it does. I think this is one of the reason why many people use it, just easy to use (allowing all age group to be used)

That's what it is in my opinion to. We just upgraded and my wife switched to the iphone after mediocre at best experiences with a couple different android phones and I can't blame her. Never using a phone with ICS or JB to see how polished its become and the size of the phones being to big for her hands making them unappealing and the fact she never used widgets anyway and had just apps on her screen like an iphone, well she is loving the iphone. It's simple and pretty easy to setup and use. We got my 64 year old mother in law who refuses to pay attention for 5 minutes to learn anything new and is not tech savvy at all beyond using MS Office and email on a desktop an iphone 4 and she's using face time, shopping online with it, using some apps. Why, because it's simple and runs the same across the whole platform and most people don't want to take the time to mess with more than they have to. They just want it to work so they can use it.

Me, I'm a tinkerer, I like to hack and change things to my liking. I'd never really played with ios until 2 nights ago I played with my wife's, it worked fine, does all I would want it to, but it was to small for comfortably typing on and frankly was just dull. Unfortunately the manufacturers and carriers have made every android phone so different there are a lot of different opinions and a bit of a bad stigma to them. Now that JB is here android has really come into its own, and I think has become the superior OS, particularly with a device like the note and note 2, which I have and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what I'll be able to do with this over the next two years.

Anyway, apple and ios have a place, but just like android its not for everybody and thanks to good marketing and a good reputation for reliability thanks to its simplicity and build quality the iphone has earned its following and loyalty, its just not for me.

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I think that because Apple has everything locked down under one name, it's easy to advertise. Android on the other hand, dubbed by Google as ''products to increase general hackability'', is split between hardware and all the different mods of ROMs and kernels out there. If all the devs for android came together, every single person that has ever created a ROM, or coded otherwise, under one name, i think android would win the popularity contest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD