Hi all

mmmark

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Mark, I'm based in the UK and have had Blackberrys, iPhones, the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S III in my time. Am currently using a Galaxy Nexus with an extended battery, but am looking to change since the signal reception seems poor on it when compared to my previous S III.

mmmark

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm on a search for what seems to be a mythical beast. A phone with the Android OS and the Blackberry form factor. I feel that having had Android phones for 2 years (and an iPhone before that) I've given virtual keyboards every opportunity, but they're just not up to scratch for the amount of text I produce on a daily basis via the phone.

Unfortunately it seems that I'm in enough of a minority that nobody's catering for me, and I have a choice between the Blackberry Q10 and another 2 years of swearing at a touchscreen.

I am no fan of the Blackberry OS, but that keyboard works.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Mark, I'm based in the UK and have had Blackberrys, iPhones, the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S III in my time. Am currently using a Galaxy Nexus with an extended battery, but am looking to change since the signal reception seems poor on it when compared to my previous S III.

Welcome to the forums.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are still some slider type phones out there along the lines of the Droid 4 (as alluded to above). You could probably also find decent Bluetooth keyboard slider cases for some of the more popular phones out there.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are still some slider type phones out there along the lines of the Droid 4 (as alluded to above). You could probably also find decent Bluetooth keyboard slider cases for some of the more popular phones out there.

Posted via Android Central App

Didn't think of that...good idea

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but the main problems with BT slider keyboard cases are (1) extra bulk/weight, and (2) you're relying on a BT connection, which can sometimes be temperamental when it comes to keyboards.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm on a search for what seems to be a mythical beast. A phone with the Android OS and the Blackberry form factor. I feel that having had Android phones for 2 years (and an iPhone before that) I've given virtual keyboards every opportunity, but they're just not up to scratch for the amount of text I produce on a daily basis via the phone.

Unfortunately it seems that I'm in enough of a minority that nobody's catering for me, and I have a choice between the Blackberry Q10 and another 2 years of swearing at a touchscreen.

I am no fan of the Blackberry OS, but that keyboard works.

Welcome to Android Central!

I understand your frustration. When I made the switch from Blackberry to Android I had a G1 which had a physical keyboard. I followed that up with a Droid and Droid 2 which also had physical keyboards. I finally gave in for an HTC Thunderbolt and I don't think I could ever go back. Not that I prefer touch screen keyboards because I dont but I do appreciate less moving parts and a thinner form factor.

Best of luck!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro