hello! new uk android user

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm new. Had an iPhone but fed up with Apple trying to force me to upgrade via making my phone go on the go slow so I've said bye bye to them. I got a HTC One and loving it, it's an amazing phone!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome welcome!

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm new. Had an iPhone but fed up with Apple trying to force me to upgrade via making my phone go on the go slow so I've said bye bye to them. I got a HTC One and loving it, it's an amazing phone!

Welcome to the forums and Android. When did you get the One?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and Android. When did you get the One?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

About a week ago. It's so much better than an iPhone in every way, battery life is great, more memory, bigger screen and so much faster! The only thing right now is people who have an iPhone cannot text me for 30 days as Apple won't release my number from imessage until then which may be Apple's kick in the teeth for leaving them!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
About a week ago. It's so much better than an iPhone in every way, battery life is great, more memory, bigger screen and so much faster! The only thing right now is people who have an iPhone cannot text me for 30 days as Apple won't release my number from imessage until then which may be Apple's kick in the teeth for leaving them!

I admit that is so dumb. I can understand 24 to 48 hours, but 30 days?

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Apparently you have to wait that time frame as imessage cancels itself after 30 days if it hasn't sent or received an imessage.

No way around. If I had turned off imessage on my old phone then apparently it wouldn't be an issue but Apple don't make you aware of that and also 2 things, one, I've heard it doesn't always work and two, I've sold it! So I've got to wait out the 30 days

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Dang! Well, good luck, hopefully those 30 days will go by pretty fast.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!