Going to iPhone6?

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I am coming to the conclusion that spec-wise, phones are reaching a point of diminishing returns (for normal users anyway)
My M7 is just as snappy and quick as it was since i bought it and the releases of Android (Kit kat/Jelly Bean) only seem to improve it. This is in the direct opposite direction to IOS updates which seem to slow iphones down quite a bit (This was the reason i left Apple, i got fed up of my phone being crippled by heavy IOS updates just in time for the next release of the latest iphone.....)

I'm seriously considering something mid-tier on my next phone. I don't run power hungry games or do rocket science with it, i just message a bit, use the phone and mostly surf with the odd puzzle game.

I don't actually need anything better than my M7 and i don't see that changing much.

Hmm...my One (M7) has almost constant performance issues. Freezing, stuttering, lagging. That's partly what prompted me to look for a new phone. It's still snappy and quick whilst it's not having these issues (if you know what I mean). I find that my two iOS devices haven't slowed over time, unlike my two Android devices. Yes, it will happen with updates, although that does get slightly improved usually.

Hopefully L will come to the M7! I'm gonna miss Android

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Hmm...my One (M7) has almost constant performance issues. Freezing, stuttering, lagging. That's partly what prompted me to look for a new phone. It's still snappy and quick whilst it's not having these issues (if you know what I mean). I find that my two iOS devices haven't slowed over time, unlike my two Android devices. Yes, it will happen with updates, although that does get slightly improved usually.

Hopefully L will come to the M7! I'm gonna miss Android

I do clear out the phone every now and again (Settings-Clear cache & fastboot erase cache)
That's an interesting opposite experience though, isn't it?

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I do clear out the phone every now and again (Settings-Clear cache & fastboot erase cache)
That's an interesting opposite experience though, isn't it?

It is :D

I must admit, I'm pretty lazy with my tech. Partly why I think iOS suits me.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol...iMore. In fact, forums. On here, some people probably think I sound like an Apple fanboy. On iMore, they probably think I'm an Android fanboy.

Without wanting to generalise, I have to say that, from my personal observation, us Android users are definitely kinder to, or more open to the other side.

You've definitely gotta be careful if you want to criticise Apple over there...
iMore is one of the more liberal forums too.But even on there you'd have to carefully balance criticisms with compliments. It really does feel like a religion.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
iMore is one of the more liberal forums too.But even on there you'd have to carefully balance criticisms with compliments. It really does feel like a religion.

Really? iMore is one of the worst! They are nothing but pure fanboys and they **** me off.

Posted via the Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Mac Rumors would totally allow it.
I was banned from there. No name calling. No personal attacks. No profanity. I went out of my way to be polite. The Apple people attacking me did not (which I expected and put up with...I did not report anyone)...and were naturally not punished. So long as you are a diehard Apple supporter, you can get away with almost anything on there short of profanity.

My posts were also stealth-altered by Mods (like, they would delete words and sentences), which was mildly annoying.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Really? iMore is one of the worst! They are nothing but pure fanboys and they **** me off.

I am not talking about users, but about moderators. iMore's moderators are more forgiving than Mac Rumors moderators were.

On every Apple forum I have been on over the years there are always fanboys who are incensed at my opinions. I expect it now. But IMO moderators should be more fair.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I am not talking about users, but about moderators. iMore's moderators are more forgiving than Mac Rumors moderators were.

On every Apple forum I have been on over the years there are always fanboys who are incensed at my opinions. I expect it now. But IMO moderators should be more fair.

I would so beg to differ. The moderators are the worst there.

I'll send you a link to an iMore thread in which the moderator is extremely rude.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I was banned from there. No name calling. No personal attacks. No profanity. I went out of my way to be polite. The Apple people attacking me did not (which I expected and put up with...I did not report anyone)...and were naturally not punished. So long as you are a diehard Apple supporter, you can get away with almost anything on there short of profanity.

My posts were also stealth-altered by Mods (like, they would delete words and sentences), which was mildly annoying.

Very odd. Did you go to the alternatives to iOS section? Over there you are allowed to hate Apple as much as you want. I'll send you a thread link but I'm busy right now.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
*Stiff.....

I don't see why that's necessary. This is the iPhone 6, it's hardly more likely to bend than my One. All I need is extra grip, and to get rid of that protruding camera. Considering it would be even harder to bend than the Plus, I don't see how I could get it to, in my pocket.

rews

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

I would so beg to differ. The moderators are the worst there.

I'll send you a link to an iMore thread in which the moderator is extremely rude.

Learn how to be ban proof. Once you do that you can be back on a website just as fast as an admin can kick you out. If you do it from work, you're actually being paid to do it and he's not!

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why that's necessary. This is the iPhone 6, it's hardly more likely to bend than my One.
Well, I am seeing lots of twitter reports of bent iPhones...not seeing any for the One. The M7 has been out for a very long time and I have never heard of a single case of bending with it.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, I am seeing lots of twitter reports of bent iPhones...not seeing any for the One. The M7 has been out for a very long time and I have never heard of a single case of bending with it.

Mind certainly didn't bend. And, from the short time I've spent with my new iPhone, I'd say it won't either. I hope I don't get proven to be wrong

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Life is still pretty nice even without iTunes, which performs really bad on Windows.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of it on Windows. Good thing I don't have to use it! In fact, the only time I can see that I would need to use it is to do a full backup of my devices. Which is pretty simple anyway.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez