Hey all,

I've tried an endless amount of keyboards. All have certain things I dislike. For the big ones:

Swype - Used it for years, love the swipe shortcuts, but it feels like swipe accuracy has gotten progressively worse. Also wish I could make shortcuts for phrases, such as typing "eml" to have it output my email address.

Swiftkey - I just can't deal with the auto-spacing after words and punctuation. If I could turn that off, I'd use it. Also miss the ability to manually edit my user dictionary.

Gboard - Love the swipe accuracy, and the spacebar-swiping for cursor control. Hate that it won't autocomplete in URL bars or password fields.

Chrooma - The swipe predictions are just... bad... Even when I type out some words, it immediately assumes I meant something else.

Is there something I'm missing that will get me what I want? I use swipe typing, so whatever is suggested needs that. No autospacing after punctuation (I can deal with after words). Accurate swipe interpretations. And autocompletes in URLs. Nice things to have would be shortcut phrases, autocomplete in password fields, manually edit user dictionary.

Alternately, if anybody has any suggestions for making my Swype predictions more accurate, I can stick with that I guess.

Thanks for the help!
    10-25-2017 03:18 PM
    Have you tried the BlackBerry virtual keyboard? Quite outstanding in it's capabilities, and more than matches those you mentioned above.

You will need to get it via Cobalt's Blackberry Manager, and Cobalt has his own thread on Crackberry as well. Cobalt has been managing the BB apps for non bb devices for a few years, and he and the process are well respected and well regarded.

Here is the forum link containing all the info you'll need to make your decision:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...uired-1059855/

I use the bb keyboard on my samsung note 8.
    11-08-2017 06:10 PM
    Heavens1 - I haven't, no. Wasn't aware I could use it. I'll check it out.

Thanks!
    11-08-2017 11:43 PM
    Heavens1 - I haven't, no. Wasn't aware I could use it. I'll check it out.

Thanks!
    Did you try it? Your views?
    11-14-2017 03:27 PM
    Did you try it? Your views?
    I did, actually.

The swiping was ok. I couldn't figure out how to make predictions work when tapping (they show up on the keyboard, but I'm not sure how to enter them?), but they worked ok when swiping.

But it autospaced after punctuation (which ruins any URLs you might type) and didn't show the autocomplete bar in url fields (I think, it was a week ago). I couldn't figure out how to change either of those things.
    11-14-2017 05:29 PM
    Have you tried using Chrooma Beta?....the prediction is fixed in that.

Anyhow, I have tried all that you listed along with a few others like Keyboard 69, Fleksy, Multiling, Kii2 etc. GBoard and Swiftky even with the quirks have been the most reliable for me. Chrooma Beta is nice, but sometimes an update with break something.
    11-15-2017 09:13 AM
    Yeah, I'm not going to bother with betas. Maybe in a while I'll check back to see if it's improved in the main Chrooma.

For now, I'm just sticking it out with Swype.
    11-15-2017 04:52 PM