iPhone 4 vs. EVO/Incredible/X/Captivate discussion (Keep it civil!)

jlocke

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey Droid fanatics,

I'm a student at the University of Washington and I'm doing a little iPhone vs. Droid market research and I could totally use some more respondents to get some good data.

If you have an opinion on these phones, feel free to try and express yourself!!

uwbbusiness.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_01wpspxptA5kazy

Qualtrics is an online market research tool, its legit if u google it! I dunno if I'm allowed to post links on a new account but its for school :eek:

Thanks yoz,
J

Last edited by a moderator:

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Just to be picky, you call it Google's Droid operating system but it's just called Android. I took it, it had some good questions and made sense.

jlocke

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks everyone for taking the survey and we can TOTALLY use more responses!

Also, this paper is due next Thursday so once we have our final report I'll make sure and post a link to our repot, full with graphs and inferences! Hope this works lol :)

Jerred

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
took the survey for you and i have a couple thoughts.

1. simply posting this on various online discussion forums is going to produce an outcome that is FAR from remaining free of statistical bias. your teacher very well could hold this against you.

2. some of the questions were quite unfair to both iPhone and the android platform. for instance the iPhone is a device, and android is an operating system that encompasses many devices.

i'm not trying to knock you, but if your teacher is worth their salt they will see these errors (assuming you report how you conducted your research) and bring them to your attention as well. best of luck with the paper though and let us know how the final version turns out.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap!! That is huge!!

The evidence there is pretty convincing...The line about Apple selling the bumper because this is a known issue is amazing.

If this is real...shame on you Apple.

Dr Incredible

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm no iPhone fan but, in terms of the reception thing, they demonstrated that a call doesn't drop if you're on it when reception drops.

It's probably a software issue like the bars displaying better on the Incredible/EVO.

I'm not sure if it goes down to "Searching..." if you can make a call or not. I didn't see that example anywhere I suspect it'll be fixed with a software update.

Just playing devil's advocate.

RawD

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just saying, I feel for all those people camping on the streets to get there phone tomorrow and then they are going to start seeing all these things after they get past the initial

"OMG I must have it phase."

I waited and did not order my DINC until 5/29 did not get it until 3 weeks later, but you know what?

I KNOW I got a great product, and I would rather be the LAST to get a fantastic product and NOT be the first to get a mediocre product.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Here comes the iPhone users

I predict a substantial rush of iPhone users adopting Andorid in the near future.

There are a huge list of problems in the new iPhone 4

Signal collapses when you hold it in the most natural way
Yellow color totally missing from many handsets
Running HOT,
Scratching back case cover,
Activation failures,
Loss of Data connection using iOS4 on 3Gs phones
Very slow 3G data, almost approaching EDGE speeds.
iOS4 a total bust on iphone 3G. Don't even go there. SLOOOW.
9 hour upgraded for 3Gs phones in some cases

The whole iPhone 4 launch seems to have been botched by Apple standards.

People still using iPhones 3G will probably abandon them en mass and move to
any number of the recent Android releases, even the ones offered by AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty