Hi! I'm new to Android and have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I love it, but there's one thing that is annoying me.

I like to have a security PIN on phones incase they get lost. By doing this though, it seems to get rid of the app shortcuts. On iOS, even if you have a passcode on the phone, you can quickly launch the camera - it won't let you see any of your previous pictures, but it's good for quick access if you need it.

Can you do something like this on Android/S4? Is there anything in the settings?

Thank you!
    07-12-2013 06:02 PM
    Hi! I'm new to Android and have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I love it, but there's one thing that is annoying me.

I like to have a security PIN on phones incase they get lost. By doing this though, it seems to get rid of the app shortcuts. On iOS, even if you have a passcode on the phone, you can quickly launch the camera - it won't let you see any of your previous pictures, but it's good for quick access if you need it.

Can you do something like this on Android/S4? Is there anything in the settings?

Thank you!
    Hi and welcome to the Android family...As of right now there is no way to have shortcuts on you lock screen with a pin or password. I have mine setup as screen timeout in 15 seconds and then secure lock after one minute and until my screen lock in one minute after I press the button I can use my shortcuts.
    07-12-2013 06:07 PM
    That's the cool thing on my XT890: the phone is locked, but press the shutter button and it's ready to go
    07-12-2013 06:19 PM
    07-13-2013 11:08 AM