Kindle App not working after Android 4.3 upgrade

shorti09

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Well..I hit update for Android 4.3 and now my Amazon Kindle app doesn't work on my Nexus 7. I went to Google Play and saw there was an update available for Kindle so tried that but it failed to update as well. I then uninstalled and tried to re-install it but still get an error. Im guessing something is not compatible but how do I find this out? Is there a way to backlevel back to the previous Android level? Kindle is one of the main reasons I have this tablet so this really sucks. Any help would be appreciated.

Update: I guess it is affecting other apps. I cant download or update any app without getting the error "Update for xxxx could not be downloaded due to an error (927)".

Last edited:

shorti09

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I found sync errors on my device. After much research it seems many other have hit this issue and the only way to clear it is by removing and recreating your google play account. However, it doesnt look like there is a way to remove the original account. So...the only way to do this is a factory reset. It would be really great if Google or Android or whomever ensures this doesnt happen again or give a better way to fix this issue.

shorti09

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Last update. It didnt work. I guess it is a compatibility issue with the new Android version. Hubby's brand new 7 also has the same issue with the same apps. I cannot believe Google would provide an update that would break so much...lame. Waiting to hear how to fix this...I hope the answer isnt that all these apps have to upgrade their technology. If anyone has a clue on how else to fix this Ide like to hear it.

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Interestingly the problem I'm having with my XOOM Tablet is that after doing a stock rom upgrade, which went fine, I also got an upgrade to Google Maps. This new upgrade to Maps is poor. I've uninstalled the Maps upgrade and gone back to the original system Maps app. I don't know what Google was thinking when they did this. The original system app is much better.

Philip Pearl

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little late to this party but having the same issue. "Upgraded" my HTC One to 4.3 last night via the OTA update, and now the Kindle app doesn't work. I get the "Unfortunately, the Kindle app has stopped" message. Tried everything up to and including a complete phone reset, but nothing worked. Waiting for a fix...

Tantalord

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have nexus 10 and was using kindle without any problems.When i added some ebooks to the directory,the app started to crash.After some tests i found out that an ebook that was added was causing the problem.I deleted it and everything works now :)

MarkMessinger

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little late to this party but having the same issue. "Upgraded" my HTC One to 4.3 last night via the OTA update, and now the Kindle app doesn't work. I get the "Unfortunately, the Kindle app has stopped" message. Tried everything up to and including a complete phone reset, but nothing worked. Waiting for a fix...

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Kindle app worked great and then the OTA update to Android 4.3 arrived. It fixed all sorts of problems, but broke the Kindle app. I've applied the suggested fixes found in this and other threads, but to no avail. I too am waiting for a fix. With a significant investment in the Kindle library, I'd prefer to use their reader rather than have to break the DRM in order to continue to have access to that library on one of my principal handheld devices.

hhempstead

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
You put in Asus for the manufacturer even though you're on a Kindle Fire?

Ok, So yes!! I have original Kindle Fire, and just installed Jelly Bean 4.2.2 to it, everything was good except my kindle app!! I was so upset...searched and searched for an answer and this is it. Makes sense too, cause it's no longer a Kindle, it's an Android! But it works!!

hhempstead

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
So, like I said I have a Kindle Fire and installed Jelly Bean 4.2.2. So this is the solution I was searching for!! Thank You, Thank You Thank You Potito!!! I was afraid I'd have to go back to stock ( I can't live without my books). ;) And now I don't have to!

ccagte6

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if this works for a Samsung Galaxy Note 2? I've tried downloading the app from Goigle Play but it says the app cannot download to its default location.

sjbryant87

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried this fix on phones? I'm using a Motorola Razr Maxx HD but the only way i can get my Kindle app to work is by restoring that app to factory default. Even then it still doesn't allow me to download all my books. Half the time it makes me remove them & download again but when it gives me that message, it won't allow them to open.
When registering the phone after the crap update, it said the device was "registered to null." It gives me not responding messages every few minutes & i can't get any books to show up because i can't get past the registration.

Contacting my phone company didn't help nor did Amazon. They never replied to any of my 5 emails. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood