Leadbolts Ad Showing up constantly

SpadeAssassin

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This is driving me crazy, the leadbolts app suggestion page shows up every time I install an app from the Play Store. As soon as the install process finishes it goes into Chrome and show the leadbolts page.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know because its driving me crazy.

Posted via Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!!

This might sound weird but have you closed out that page? I noticed one time when I was downloading something I never closed the page and the same file kept trying to download. It didn't stop doing that until I closed out that tab.

SpadeAssassin

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks

Sadly, I keep closing out of the page all the time but the next time I install an app from the play store it pops out again. I even tried the leadbolds opt out app, and it did nothing. At this point I am seriously considering a factory reset because I can't stand it.

SpadeAssassin

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I uninstalled a bunch of apps from what I thought were apps from unknown developers and sure enough it stopped.

Thank you all so much, this has been an amazing first time experience with the forums.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I uninstalled a bunch of apps from what I thought were apps from unknown developers and sure enough it stopped.

Thank you all so much, this has been an amazing first time experience with the forums.

Glad you got it sorted out. Having some kind of scanning app like Lookout or AVG will at least inform you if the app may act like what you just went through.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419