SD card problem- faulty slot?

Rossotron

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm hoping you can help me.

I've got a tablet with Android 4.1.1. A few weeks ago it started telling me that my removable microsd card (Sandisk 32GB) was damaged so I sent the card back to the store and got a replacement.

The replacement arrived yesterday and I popped it in the tablet only to be met with the same problem. I tried the card on my girlfriends tablet and it worked fine. She took the microsd card from her phone and tried it in her tablet and that also worked fine, but when I tried it on mine, it had the same problem. So it would appear that its the slot thats faulty. Could this possibly be a software issue? If so, would doing a factory reset on my tablet sort it out? If its a hardware issue, how would I go about fixing it? Is it a costly job?

Many thanks in advance for any help- please let me know if you need any more information.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm hoping you can help me.

I've got a tablet with Android 4.1.1. A few weeks ago it started telling me that my removable microsd card (Sandisk 32GB) was damaged so I sent the card back to the store and got a replacement.

The replacement arrived yesterday and I popped it in the tablet only to be met with the same problem. I tried the card on my girlfriends tablet and it worked fine. She took the microsd card from her phone and tried it in her tablet and that also worked fine, but when I tried it on mine, it had the same problem. So it would appear that its the slot thats faulty. Could this possibly be a software issue? If so, would doing a factory reset on my tablet sort it out? If its a hardware issue, how would I go about fixing it? Is it a costly job?

Many thanks in advance for any help- please let me know if you need any more information.

Welcome to the forums.
My first guess is that it is a hardware issue. But a Reset wouldn't hurt. Back up all your stuff to your PC then give it a go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty