Paid version of professional quality android os for old mobiles stuck with old os?

sicunder36

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Most mobile manufacturers stop updating operating systems after a single update (example jellybean to kitkat) even for a high end mobiles with capable hardware. And lets be truthful here these high end machines are quite durable and long lasting can easily last for more than 4 years. But mAnufacturers lure us to buy new ones with newer operating systems after a year or two when they stop giving free os updates. Which is not only a waste of money but also generate s huge load of ewaste. Yes there's buyback but that's within a year or 2 of purchase usually within warranty period which though saves money but you are selling the hardware with which u are not still bored. So i was wondering can these manufacturers release software updates fold mobiles on paid basis. Do samsung etc have such options. And i have no problem with rooting phones beyond warranty period. But i do want professional grade os update wih consumer support and all other bells and whistles i.e, a proprietary solution. Does cyanogen provide with such services? Which will automatically detect your hardware and let you upgrade till the time your phone's hardware remains compatible.

Like we have in desktops and laptops. My 7 year lenovo and 4 year assembled desktop is fully functional till now. Just have to buy new os from windows. And this free windows 10 update is sweet one has to admit.

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's not just that the phone manufacturer doesn't build an update but there also needs to be support from the chipset maker for the new OS. Without that support, the OS won't run with the device, not even a 3rd-party update. At some point manufacturers need to make a decision to stop spending money on devices not many people are using anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch