Why Is My App Drawer Still Using Horizontal Pages?

chj001

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I just bought the S7 Edge thru T-Mob. In reading articles about what's new with Marshmallow, I am told that Marshmallow uses vertical scrolling for the App drawer, yet my version continues to use horizontal paging like Lollipop did. Any thoughts?

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
The Google Now Launcher in the app store says it does that. I haven't downloaded that yet but did see it.

Posted via the Android Central App

lephils

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I should have said that.
If you want it to scroll that way you can get another launcher.

Google now launcher does that.

I haven't tried another launcher in quite a while so I can't really recommend any other, but there is certainly others that scroll vertically as well.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The app drawer is not an OS level feature, it's a launcher feature. The Google Now launcher, as well as a few others, are vertical.

Samsung likes to do things their way, and their way loves them some horizontal apps.

That's why I chuckled when people freaked about about 'Google removing the all drawer from Android' when it was never actual IN Android in the first place.

davemerk68

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I've also noticed that the lock screen on my Samsung still has the dialer rather than the Google Now Mic. This was also a change that was indicated in marshmallow. Also, I noticed that the RAM useage summary screen in settings (should be under "Memory") doesn't exist. There's a way to look at each app and the ram it may be using, but not a overall total with the top offenders as it was described in the article I wish that these features would be locked in rather than optional....

yui548

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Touchwiz.

It's marshmallow, but it's Samsung's marshmallow.

Sorry what do you mean it's Samsung's marshmallow? I haven't updated mine because I didn't want the vertical scrolling but when I look at phones in stores running 6.01 they don't have vertical scroll as well. Does that mean even if I update my phone it wouldn't change? I have a Note 4 btw.