What happened to the cache ???

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I suspect Google has decided that users worry too much about the cache and clearing it does as much harm as good.

But, if you really want to do so, there is always the hard way - depending on your phone, it will go something like this: https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-the-nexus-6p

Not if you're talking about wiping the cache partition. That should be done after upgrading the phone's OS or after applying security patches. Wiping app caches is almost unnecessary, however.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not if you're talking about wiping the cache partition. That should be done after upgrading the phone's OS or after applying security patches. Wiping app caches is almost unnecessary, however.

There is a reasonable chance that Google added a "wipe cache partition" to the upgrade/patch install process.

I myself have done the wipe cache thing and have not done it with no obvious difference in performance. If anything - and this is widely known - wiping the system *or* app caches will result in a temporary reduction in performance.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
on a 6P, you can still wipe the cache partition; I did that after download to 8.0. The only time I have cleared app cache is on my old tablet that sometimes had problems connecting to wifi; that seemed to work when nothing else would.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
cache partition is no longer available on Pixel phones. The phone keeps 2 separate partitions. 1 for the operating system and files and the other for updates. You can always go to apps and clear cache data for apps manually.