I can't sign in to my tablet without getting locked out

Anuj_Verma

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I couldn't find a forum tittled Android or Find My Device; hence I'm posting this here.

I have a Lenovo Tab3 7 and I recently asked about an issue in the post Tablet not accepting correct PIN (Google Product Forums: https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/nexus/0kjUko12Y2U/-AzVCqALAgAJ) by Anuj_Verma. I have resolved the issue by formatting (factory reset) the device and paying a fine; the device is operational. So.. right before the format, we saw a message on the lock-screen saying Locked by Find My Device; though I hadn't requested any lock.

Now here's my problem: Once I sign in with Google on the tablet again, it will lock with some unknown PIN all over again. I have seen this issue of Find My Device syncing after a reboot/reset across devices. Now, how do I sign to my tablet without being locked out?? Please help me out.

Thanks
Anuj Verma

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you sign into your Google account from a different computer and remove the Lenovo Tab 3 from your Find my Device? Also once you reset your device the sign in is the same password as your Google account it should not lock you out. The local pin is separate from your Google account password.

Anuj_Verma

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
worldspy99 I cannot remove the password from another computer. I have tried using the Find My Device website; I either don't know how to do it or I don't have the option at all.

Are you absolutely sure that I won't be locked out? If I am locked again, I'll have to pay a high fine to my coaching again.

I do realise that I have the option to not sign in with Google at all; but I want to be able to use the tracking services as I'm not a very careful person that way. :p

Thanks
Anuj