LG Escape 2 USB connection issues

A

AC Question

My wife and I have LG escape 2 phones. When I plug my phone in to the computer, it pulls up the media sync allowing me to choose how i want to connect. When my wifes phone is plugged in, nothing happens. I have searched for a setting on the phone to enable the usb connection, but so far I haven't been able to find anything. Using the same computer and usb connection, but no luck.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On your wife's phone, when you connect, swipe down the notification panel--is there a USB icon there? If not, then the phone isn't recognizing the connection. Are you using the same cable? If not, try a different cable. If a different cable doesn't work, there might be a problem with the phone's microUSB port. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, in case there's debris in there.

bowecas2

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
When I swipe down there is a USB charging icon, but tapping on it does nothing. Tried multiple cables, non change. I'll pick up a can of compressed air to see if maybe something is lodged up in the connection, but it seems doubtful since it will recognize the computer as a power source.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It still might help, since something might be affecting the contacts responsible for data transfer, while leaving the charging contacts alone. Of course, it might also mean that the data transfer contacts themselves are damaged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888