Why does my LG G PadF 8.0 crash after 20-30 seconds on all apps?

irlpenske

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
LG G PadF 8.0 Crashes after 20-30 seconds on all apps

What can I do? it has been updated to android version 6.0 with patch 2016-03-01
I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times apps start to load then crash, or load then I get 20-30 seconds and then crashes, keyboard doesnt come up most of the time. I am on the AT&T network, or on wifi, mostly wifi.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: LG G PadF 8.0 Crashes after 20-30 seconds on all apps

This tablet, the LG GPad 8 is the worst piece of crap I've ever seen. I have programs locking up the tablet so I have to reboot. Links from Facebook, Twitter and other places last 20 secs and they pop out and when you go back in, it pops out again so there are no ways to see those links. That's a successful design? The keyboard disappears and you can't pull it up till you reboot. It's complete garbage and unless LG fixes this, I'd never buy an LG Product again.

I sent it in telling them about all the problems, they paid no attention to anything I wrote and fixed an antenna. 26 MB is all the memory I have to work with, that's insane. They have to add another GB of memory or send me the newer model X because mine was designed to fail. I may take LG to small claims court in Delay Beach if they don't resolve this . This is pathetic. I have other postings her about this tragedy of a device.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 26140.jpg
    26140.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 11

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

What's so disappointing about all this is that LG doesn't try to contact me on here

Posted via the Android Central App

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-22417

Diddy, your instructions were not correct you have to go to storage hit that then go to internal storage hit that then you watch it calculate and then you hit cached data and wipe out the cache. I did it and I had 2.14 gigabytes in there so that was substantial and then I tried to restore Facebook and play a video that kept failing. I if failed badly again and then Facebook crashed and wouldn't start after I closed it. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Facebook takes about 17 seconds or more to load into the tablet & it takes about a half a second on my Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy Note 4. Something is wrong with this tablet

So, with the new cache settings, after I uninstalled and reinstalled , and the install process took quite a long time comma I tried to open up Facebook which it did and I tried to play that same video and it crashed again immediately. So it doesn't appear that the cache is the problem. Like I have been saying it's the design of this tablet with only one gigabyte of memory it cannot handle the programs that are out today such as Facebook. I'm trying to run these very big programs with 20-30 and 40 megabytes of RAM and that's not possible.

I want LG to take this piece of garbage back and replace it with a new model that has 2 gigabytes of RAM I believe it's their B model. This is completely inefficient and insufficient and should not have been released. It is garbage and it's time LG steps up.

As you might have noted I sent this tablet back to LG months ago explaining all the problems that I was having and they fixed an antenna that had nothing to do with the memory problem. An interesting thing I noticed this morning was there is a picture on Facebook that's 3D and I could see it in 360° on my Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note 4 but no 360° on the LG G Pad 8. There isn't even a 360° icon.

Plus, the earphone jack doesn't seem to work properly and the SD card keeps unmounting and unmounting and remounting and unmounting. I was really thinking about getting the v20 but when I saw I could get a nice note for, I decided to stay the hell away from LG because they produce garbage.

Let's see if LG reads this and swaps on this piece of crap for the newer model. I know sending it back for factory repair will be a waste of time and then I'll need a day to reconfigure. If LG doesn't fix this situation I'll go to Twitter and tell everyone about it. At least Samsung is standing up with their Note 7.

Dlcpa

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Still nothing from LG here or on Twitter. I shut of the LG GPad 8 to charge it faster abs the reboot took 5:43 seconds. I counted the first 25 seconds and then used the Note 2 stopwatch. This was from when it said android is restarting. What is going on here?

Attachments

• 20160906_160452.jpg
    20160906_160452.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Diddy, your instructions were not correct

Oh I'm sorry--the steps mentioned in that site were for clearing the app cache only, and not for the system cache clear. T-Mobile incorrectly labelled it "Wipe Cache Partition.":( I should've read the steps carefully before sharing the link. It looks like the LG G Pad, like most of LG's phones, doesn't give the user access to the Recovery Menu.

At this point, the only other thing I can think of would be to reinstall the firmware, in case yours has become corrupt--but I think that would require rooting. You could try searching the forums at XDA-developers.com about that. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I don't think they designed this tablet well with only a gb for ram when they have no methods to free up ram automatically between apps

Amazing they haven't answered me here or on Twitter.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I don't think it's an issue with having 1 GB of RAM. Android should still work fine with 1 GB, and the system should be able to regulate how much RAM is kept full (i.e, most of it) and how much is kept free. Considering the other issues you mentioned, I'd guess either a firmware or hardware problem. But I still don't have a good solution for you, sorry!

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, I don't think it's an issue with having 1 GB of RAM. Android should still work fine with 1 GB, and the system should be able to regulate how much RAM is kept full (i.e, most of it) and how much is kept free. Considering the other issues you mentioned, I'd guess either a firmware or hardware problem. But I still don't have a good solution for you, sorry!

Even when it shows 29mb before Facebook is Loaded?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
29 MB of free RAM? You're right, that's unusually low--I've never seen it that low on any of my devices (even the ones with 1 GB). Might be an issue with the the firmware or kernel.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Is anyone here from LG? Nobody on Twitter either at @LGUSAMobile, the worst company in the world to deal with. Hello out there? Represent yourself or people won't buy LG products.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I guess misery loves company as I feel better reading about these issues. I've got an LG Pad F8.0 which is incredibly slow after the Marshmallow update. Apps take forever to start up and the keyboard will take literally 60 seconds or more to pop-up when trying to fill in an edit box in the chrome browser. I've tried doing a factory reset but that didn't help. This was a "free" tablet from AT&T but it seems to be junk. Thus, no more LG tablets for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon01