Root available for G Pad?

Justin Larsen

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'll be honest, I mainly troll this forum as well as others, looking for information that I need at that particular moment. Rarely, if ever, do I post a comment or reply to anything I run across. This time, however, I did feel the need to comment in regards to rooting the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using two different methods. First...I used the Vega method, which worked, but not without a lengthy set of step-specific instructions and quite a large (over 2gb) file to download. Then...AT&T sent out an OTA update which my phone decided to automatically download and install without my permission. This OTA unrooted my phone as it did to a lot of people. I jumped on here to read about this OTA and saw that several people were talking about rooting with Kingo. This piqued my interest and since I was already planning on re-rooting with Vega and set aside a block of time to do so, I went ahead and downloaded the Kingo file to give it a try and it worked....impressively well. And this is why I'm posting...Kingo was an extremely easy program to root and I didn't lose any information during the process. It was seamless. It's an easy *** user interface that gives you a hand full of instructions (ie: connect phone; click start) and does the rest for you unlike it's rival, Vega, which comes with a laundry list of steps to complete the process. I literally downloaded the file, ran it, plugged my phone in and clicked start...it was that easy. So far, so good. I just wanted to post this so that other people that may look at rooting their phone as a complicated process can know their is a much easier way to do so.

So, to sum it up...both ways can and will root your phone...but Kingo was a breeze.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeahp, Kingo works great. I used it to root my G Pad 8.3 this morning. To me, that's how easy all rooting should be.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87