lg g2 gets galaxy s2 treatment from us carriers

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
PCMAG

This wouldn't really bother me except for the fact that it makes it harder for accessories to be made for this phone.

Posted From my HTC ONE via Android Central App

I don't see where you inferred that. I understood it to the the exact opposite. 'Fischler said we won't see a situation like with the LG Optimus G , where the AT&T and Sprint models were quite different. The AT&T model had an 8-megapixel camera, the Sprint model had a 13-megapixel unit, and the two devices had different physical designs.'

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The only good would be if your carrier gave you the expandable memory version that the owners manual leaked for

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't see where you inferred that. I understood it to the the exact opposite. 'Fischler said we won't see a situation like with the LG Optimus G , where the AT&T and Sprint models were quite different. The AT&T model had an 8-megapixel camera, the Sprint model had a 13-megapixel unit, and the two devices had different physical designs.'

It doesn't look like there will be changes which affect the physical design of the device. Although it wasn't specified, the variations could include color options, software enhancements tailored to each carrier, etc..

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Variation on internals are okay.
Changing the shape kill the market for cases and such.
Look at the iPhone and GS3, GS4 and HTC One; same shape and you can find all kinds of stuff because the phone sells in huge numbers. Now look at phones not available across all carriers and see what the case and accessory market looks like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith