How can I get the LED to show different colors for different apps?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be defaulted to Green for everything. I installed LiteFlow and still no go. Do I need to disable the phone LED somewhere or something?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Liteflow may not work correctly as it has to be configured per device by the developers. The g2 was just released, I'm sure you'll see more compatibility for it within a month or two.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Light flow works! Make sure u turn off the stock led notifications in settings/display/notification led, then uncheck all the led options. Leave notification led on in previous screen though! If it didn't work with the g2, it wouldn't work on mine. If u don't unchecked the stock stuff, it takes president over light flow...

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I had it working for about 2 minutes and now its defaulted back to the green LED for everything. The only thing I changed was the blink rate. Very odd. And annoying. If I turn the LED off in settings then it completely disables the LED for the phone and then I get nothing.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Light flow works! Make sure u turn off the stock led notifications in settings/display/notification led, then uncheck all the led options. Leave notification led on in previous screen though! If it didn't work with the g2, it wouldn't work on mine. If u don't unchecked the stock stuff, it takes president over light flow...

Didn't work. All I get is the green LED. Very frustrating.

Andrew from LightFlow says:

Hi
I'm not aware of any issues. I've had one report on somebody getting a
blue led for gmail regardless of what color is set, but that's about
it.

I've seen a screenshot of the led settings page on the g2 and you
should only have the option checked to switch the led on for other/3rd
party apps (I can't remember the exact name of the setting as the
users screenshot was from a different language)
Cheers
Andrew

I can't find such a setting though.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Any updates to this point? Seems very odd to have that led on the back and have no customization for it??

The back LED only has 3 functions, you can only turn it off or on for each function. I turned to off for all.

Posted via Android Central App

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get light flow out of the pull down notification bar? I don't have the persistent icon in the bar but when I pull it down it shows light flow running.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get light flow out of the pull down notification bar? I don't have the persistent icon in the bar but when I pull it down it shows light flow running.

I wondered that as well. I haven't found a way to. Not sure why it has to be there.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, haven't figured that one out yet, either. I'm just glad that the VZW version doesn't have the volume or screen brightness sliders that can't be removed from the notification bar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch