How are the radios on Verizon

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from the gnex which unfortunately does not have great radios. How do you feel about the radios on this device?

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

rsjet

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So far, much better than the Galaxy Nexus. Granted, that's not saying much.... but yea, you will see a huge improvement. Battery life is another HUGE improvement over Galaxy Nexus. Probably between double and triple the battery life in my case.

giants9856

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Radios seem to be great so far. Almost no one at my office gets service inside with Verizon yet I now have 2 bars! I used to have nothing with my GNex.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Surprisingly I get about 14-22 hours out of my gnex so by the way it sounds I will get really good life out of this phone. Probably 30+ easy.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

WilburNJ

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
My G2 on Verizon is much better than my Samsung S3. In the office (midtown manhattan), I can barely get data to move on my S3 (often, speedtest can't even complete the test). But, with the G2, it downloads at about 5mbs and uploads at about 2mbs.

Oddly, back at home in suburban NJ, my S3 was blazing fast (30-40mbs), but my g2 last night was running in the 15-17mbs range.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an S3 and had bought and returned an HTC One & S4. I'm finding the radio in the G2 is better than all of them.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Radios seem great to me. There are spots in my house that I couldn't talk on the phone because it would cut out (DNA, iPhone 5), but I don't have that issue with the G2.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
OK.....I also came from a GNex. From what I can tell, the radios are MUCH better on the G2. I carried around my GNex with me all day yesterday (when I bought the G2). Running various speedtests at different locations, the G2 was faster.
Also, I travel to a beach house nearly every weekend. This is around a 3 hours drive during which I like to run TuneIn Pro (streaming radio) through my car stereo. With my GNex, it would drop out often. Today the G2 barely had any issues. It could keep a 4G signal longer and when there was no 4G the switch from 4G to 3G was seamless. I am so happy with this phone. I also just ran a speedtest here at my beach house. (We have strong 4G here). My Gnex for the past year pretty consistently hit around 22Mbps D/L(I am a speedtest junkie). The G2 today hit 45Mbps D/L. To me that doesn't really matter much. On my phone I could care less whether I get 22Mbps or 45Mbps, but it is faster nonetheless.

vaxick

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
When it comes to CDMA phones, I've always found Motorola at the top (No surprise there given they are the oldest company in the biz) and LG to come in a close second. LG has always been a very strong contender. Samsung and HTC have always been the weaker ones. This includes modern phones from them. Even this summer, when I was staying at a cabbin, deep in the woods that is very spotty for signal, my HTC phone performed awfully and struggled to load anything despite claiming to have 3G. The previous year up there, I had a Palm Pre + and was surfing the web just fine. I debated bringing it with me just in case and once I got there, I really regretted not taking it along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45